Welcome to the new Press Releases forum! Our old press release system has been retired but we've moved everything and everyone to a new, shinier home. Enjoy!
A press release must be written for the purpose of announcing something newsworthy. Advertisements, promotions, or anything smelling even vaguely of spam will be deleted. All press releases must be relevant to the development community.
|Devart team announces the release of the new Review Assistant, v2.7. The improvements in an update focuses on facilitating external compliance code review. Now the tool allows to export code review into a printed document to share it with third parties. Another important feature is the ability to see review comments inside the built-in Visual Studio diff tool.
Review Assistant 2.7 has the following new improvements:
- Printed code review reports for companies that conduct external compliance review such as PA-DSS. The Review Assistant Reports window contains the new Code Review Details report:
- The report includes all reviews conducted over a specified time period;
- The report may be automatically divided into pages for printing;
- An option to save the report in the PDF format, as well as many other formats.
- The Code Review Board menu contains a command for individual review export.
- Review comments in Visual Studio built-in diff tool
Review Assistant provides full integration with the built-in Visual Studio diff tool. Now there is no need to have Code Compare installed to see review comments.
- The 'Resume Review' action
A reviewer may renew the code review process independently of other review participants. This may be useful when the reviewer has completed the review process and after a while would like to change his opinion.
- Smarter revision picking algorithm for a comparison
This algorithm is beneficial for users who conduct iterative code review with the help of Git or Mercurial. The new algorithm selects a file revision more accurately while reviewing changes. For the most part, this allows to separate changes of other users that could be included into the file upon code merge or as a result of significant intervals between iterations of one review.
- Group operations with a file list in a review;
- Optimized file opening;
- Faster operations with TFS;
- Improved 'pre-commit code review' check-in policy for TFS projects behavior;
- Reordered shortcut menu for a file to hide rarely used commands;
- Hiding unmodified files for Mercurial's merge-commits.
Review Assistant is a code review plugin for Visual Studio which helps to create review requests and respond to them without leaving Visual Studio. Review Assistant supports TFS, Subversion, Git, Mercurial, and Perforce.
Learn more about Review Assistant at http://www.devart.com/review-assistant/
Full-featured free version of Review Assistant includes a 30-day trial period for unlimited users. Read more about the prices and available bundles at the product ordering page.
Devart is a recognized vendor of database connectivity solutions for Microsoft .NET and Embarcadero Delphi development platforms as well as database development and management software.
Company's solutions support such databases as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, InterBase, Firebird, DB2, SQLite, etc.
Along with database oriented software Devart offers productivity tools for Visual Studio which help developers to be empowered, stay focused, and deliver their best all the time.
For additional information about Devart, visit http://www.devart.com/
General News Suggestion Question Bug Answer Joke Praise Rant Admin
Use Ctrl+Left/Right to switch messages, Ctrl+Up/Down to switch threads, Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right to switch pages.