Take a look: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/982760
Microsoft Office Document Imaging (MODI) is removed in Microsoft Office 2010. This article provides methods you can follow to install MODI on the computer. It also describes the alternative methods that you can use to regain the functionalities of certain MODI features.
To install Microsoft Office Document Imaging (MODI) for use with Microsoft Office 2010, use one of following methods:
Method 1: Download and install MDI to TIFF File Converter
To download and install MDI to TIFF File Converter, go to the following Microsoft website: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30328>
Method 2: Install MODI by installing SharePoint Designer 2007
- Download and run the SharePointDesigner.exe file from this location: Download SharePoint Designer 2007
- Review, and then accept the software license.
- Click Customize to open the installation options.
- On the Installation Options tab, click the down arrow and select Not Available for these three sections:
Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer
Office Shared Features
- Expand Office Tools.
- Click the down arrow for the Microsoft Office Document Imaging option, and then select Run all from my computer.
- Click Install Now, and then click Close.