I have a peculiar situation,
I have a windows forms application that uses some RDLC reports, and it runs well on Windows 10 RS3,
After some of my clients updated to Windows 10 RS4 the reports that had worked fine before on RS3 now doesn't print,
The report is displayed just fine but as soon as the user clicks the print button in the report viewer and selects the printer and clicks OK the report doesn't print but there is "Operation Completed Successfully" message in place of the report.
I updated my development machine to RS4 and tried debugging the issue with no avail.
After several days of trial and error and rebuilding the reports from scratch and trying to print them through out the way,
It became clear that whenever a TextBox's font is set to a certain font (e.g.: TektonPro,Diavlo,Fertigo) the exception occurs,
When all the fonts in the report are set to other fonts (e.g.: Cairo , NotoNaskhArabic , ae_Alhor), the report prints normally.
What causes this odd behavior?
and how to resolve the issue ?
What I have tried:
the fonts are all installed on the PC, and the problem manifests when the font property of any element in the report is set to any OpenTypeFont (e.g. Diavlo,Fertigo).
the ones I tried are :
(TektonPro,Diavlo,Fertigo) all are OpenType fonts => raises the issue.
(Cairo , NotoNaskhArabic , ae_Alhor) all are TrueType fonts => no issue..prints normally.
I changed all the OpenType fonts of the report to other fonts that are TrueType,
and that got the report to work, but that is not the desired outcome.
I need to keep the OpenType fonts to match the application fonts.
The printer drivers are up-to-date, but the issue occurs when printing to PDF nevertheless.
All the fonts are installed on the PC.