Click here to Skip to main content
15,067,839 members
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.
0.00/5 (No votes)
See more:
Creating a QT Widgets program on a Windows 7 machine with Visual Studio 2017 (or 2015) Community Edition results in a program that requires a missing DLL - VCRUNTIME140D_APP.dll. I've been hitting on this problem for 2 days and can't find a way to fix it. Any clues?

What I have tried:

I've tried installing various VC runtime installers (got alot errors and failed installs), researching for hours, trying different versions of my code (including one that failed with the same error immediately after generating a new Qt project, with no added code).
Posted
Updated 16-Jun-18 3:19am

Finally figured it out. When I copied required Qt dll's into my build directory I used the ones in the Qt winrt_armv7_msvc2017 directory instead of msvc2017_64. The winrt_armv7_msvc2017 dlls are for WinRT apps, or, now, UWP apps. WinRT needs VCRUNTIME140_APP.dll, which is probably going to be Windows 10 only.
   
Hi, you need to upgrade your Windows 7 to Windows 10 for the VCRUNTIME140D_APP.dll to work (it's used for UWP-flavored Qt applications).

Another solution is to install a version of Qt that does not require UWP to be installed, then it would work on Windows 7 as well.
   
Comments
Kirk Hawley 15-Jun-18 15:35pm
   
Despite the fact that I got it to work under Windows 7 somehow, I think this is the best answer... although I don't know how you would get it to work on a pre-W10 OS without distributing VCRUNTIME140D_APP.dll (or VCRUNTIME140_APP.dll).
Rick York 15-Jun-18 16:49pm
   
Henry : isn't VCRUNTIME140D_APP.dll the debug version of that library?
Kirk Hawley 15-Jun-18 19:33pm
   
Yes. My problem has been with the debug version, but it was happening with the non-debug version on release build also.
Well... I fixed it. Somehow. I started the Qt project over from scratch, slowly added my changes and the tesseract-ocr headers and lib files, saving my work and checking in every step, and making sure I added the correct files to the run directory, and the problem is not showing up. I successfully got an image OCR'ed, so I'm running all the relevant code. So I don't know what the problem was.
   

This content, along with any associated source code and files, is licensed under The Code Project Open License (CPOL)




CodeProject, 20 Bay Street, 11th Floor Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2N8 +1 (416) 849-8900