Click here to Skip to main content
14,177,305 members
Rate this:
 
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.
I created new database from a backup of another database.I have one task scheduler which is connected to the main database. after coping the database the task scheduler is not working with main database but working with copy database.Can anyone tell me what could be the reason? I check permission, role everything looks good to me. And it was working perfectly before.

What I have tried:

I checked all the roles and permissions everything is same as my copy database. I tried all possible ways did not get success. I really don't understand what is wrong after copying it. The code was running absolutely fine. before making copy. I did not change anything in the application or the database.
Posted
Updated 20-Mar-19 5:49am

1 solution

Rate this: bad
 
good
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.

Solution 1

There is a whole lot we dont know about your application and we arent going to be of much help since we dont know what it does, have access to your server, your code, or any way of replicating what it is you need help with. Think of it this way, you've just gone into the Doctor and told him "i hurt" expecting a diagnosis without letting him examine you. Thats what you're doing here.

You just need to do the basic debugging of your app and I am sure you will find the issue. If its not "failing" in the sense that its not throwing an exception then you need to add logging to your app.

Add log messages that are relevant to your application, don't create a lot of "noise" and cause yourself issues when trying to read what happened later. The idea here is that hopefully you'll be able to find where in the process it stops running...then being able to fix whatever the problem is.

Review your code and make sure you aren't "eating" any exceptions causing them to become hidden in efforts to keep the application running.
   
Comments
Member 10754595 26-Mar-19 9:13am
   
Hi David,
Thanks for your reply. I have created one task scheduler which was running fine with vb script. and that script i am using to send email reminder. which is connecting with MVC controller. I did not change anything in the code.The MVC is using SQL Database.

Now the problem is I created one test database from production database backup. when I am connecting with my test database the script runs fine it sends email notification but with production database it is not doing anything script is running successfully but not sending any notifications.

here is my script...
Call ScheduleTask()

Sub ScheduleTask()

On Error Resume Next


Dim objRequest
Dim URL

Set objRequest = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
URL = "http://localhost:59409/ScheduledJobs/CheckIncompleteDocuments"

objRequest.open "GET", URL , false

objRequest.Send

Set objRequest = Nothing

End Sub




Please let me know if you would like to see my MVC code.
thanks

This content, along with any associated source code and files, is licensed under The Code Project Open License (CPOL)

  Print Answers RSS
Top Experts
Last 24hrsThis month


Advertise | Privacy | Cookies | Terms of Service
Web02 | 2.8.190526.1 | Last Updated 20 Mar 2019
Copyright © CodeProject, 1999-2019
All Rights Reserved.
Layout: fixed | fluid

CodeProject, 503-250 Ferrand Drive Toronto Ontario, M3C 3G8 Canada +1 416-849-8900 x 100