Click here to Skip to main content
15,946,988 members
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.
0.00/5 (No votes)
See more:
I have written usercontrols in VB, but at last I want to move to using WPF.
What is the equivalent?
eg How can I write a control that is shaped?

1 solution

I have written usercontrols in VB

If you're looking for sympathy, you've come to the wrong place.

but at last I want to move to using WPF

The good news is that you can use XAML or actual code to control the appearance and functionality. The bad news is that you have to convert it manually.

You may be able to use the Winforms interoperability functionality of WPF to use the controls as is, but I wouldn't put too much money on that bet.
Share this answer
Sandeep Mewara 9-Dec-10 9:40am    
Comment from OP:
Thanks. I guess I knew that I would need to start again, but that is fine.

In VB, I define a Region which I use to shape the control. Is this what you do in XAML?

This content, along with any associated source code and files, is licensed under The Code Project Open License (CPOL)

CodeProject, 20 Bay Street, 11th Floor Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2N8 +1 (416) 849-8900