I have a simple website (intranet) where I want to authenticate the users accessing the site against our AD. The site is hosted on the same machine as AD (Server 2008 R2)
I have removed "anonymous" authentication and enabled "Windows" authentication on IIS and set it in the web config file, but I still get a "login" box from Windows when accessing the site.
I have managed to enable this on my dev machine (Win7 64bit) [VS2010]
I have searched the web and have seen links to enable NTLM auth etc, then there are some links that suggest you need to run a command line tool to "enable" Windows7 and Server2008R2 to "trust" the site and all kinds of "not so normal" stuff.
I am pretty sure it is a simple thing to setup, but for the life of me, I cannot get it to function correctly.