Click here to Skip to main content
13,290,595 members (66,750 online)
Rate this:
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.
See more:
Situation: You're on a web page with a small image displayed, and when you click on the image, the current browser window contents are "grayed out", and a window animates itself onto the screen to show the image in its actual size. The window has a Close button on it.

I assume it's done in javascript, and that it's a child window of some sort, but I don't know how to search for it in google because I'm not sure what the technique is called.
Posted 21-Apr-11 4:46am
Albin Abel 21-Apr-11 10:01am
Additional to my answer for your query "child window of some sort"...It is not a child window but a DIV element with absolute positioned. The javascript is behind to show, hide or load the bigger image using ajax.
Rate this: bad
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.

Solution 1

Hi John,

My designer call it as lightbox. You can use search keyword "javascript lightbox" or "JQuery Lightbox". I assume you are looking for something like this[^]

good luck
That's what I'm after. Thanks.
Albin Abel 21-Apr-11 10:02am
You are welcome John
Rate this: bad
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.

Solution 2

Question has already been answered, but thanks anyway.

This content, along with any associated source code and files, is licensed under The Code Project Open License (CPOL)

  Print Answers RSS
Top Experts
Last 24hrsThis month

Advertise | Privacy |
Web02 | 2.8.171207.1 | Last Updated 21 Apr 2011
Copyright © CodeProject, 1999-2017
All Rights Reserved. Terms of Service
Layout: fixed | fluid

CodeProject, 503-250 Ferrand Drive Toronto Ontario, M3C 3G8 Canada +1 416-849-8900 x 100