Its with regards to streaming Live stocks prices (6000 stocks) from a source 'X' on a server machine and then broadcast same data to different users. (Users can be located in different geographical locations).
The price data of the stocks update super fast (in milliseconds) .
I will be writing a code that will connect the API to stream live 6000 stocks data from X source. And the API will sit on my server machine.
I have following questions:-
1) Should I go for distributed server architecture?
2) What server is recommended Linux or Windows based server?
3) What should be the minimum hardware configuration of the server?
3) Assuming 1000 users will be subscribing, so I will need to broadcast data to 1000 users. With minimal latency.
4) What internet speed recommendation to broadcast live data? for 1000 users.
Any comments, responses greatly appreciated.