Click here to Skip to main content
14,362,953 members
Rate this:
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.
I am using webservice to get an OrderHistory. It is working fine on my local pc and also on my OLD server. Now, we have moved web service to the NEW server and there it is not working. Getting below error.

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException' occurred in System.Web.Services.dll

Additional information: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: *** Illegal use of this web service !!! ***

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: *** Illegal use of this web service !!! ***

at WSElectronicOrder.WSElectronicOrder.GetOrderHistory(String Key, String FullAccountNo, String PONumber, String FromDate, String ToDate)


What is the possible cause of this problem? are there any setting do I need to do on server? Do I need to give any permission?

Thanks

What I have tried:

tried with Integrated Security setting true/false in web.config and some IIS setting but hard luck.
Posted
Updated 28-May-19 0:16am
v2

1 solution

Rate this:
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.

Solution 1

Talk to the people who provide the WebService - only they will have any idea what exactly you are doing wrong.

It could be anything: wrong location, wrong authentication, anything.
Only the people who provide the service can tell you why.
   
Comments
kkakadiya 28-May-19 5:41am
   
it's working on my local system and in my OLd server. some days back I have moved it to another server. on that server, it is not working.
OriginalGriff 28-May-19 5:53am
   
Then I'd start by looking at the old and new and finding what the differences are - we can't do that for you!

This content, along with any associated source code and files, is licensed under The Code Project Open License (CPOL)




CodeProject, 503-250 Ferrand Drive Toronto Ontario, M3C 3G8 Canada +1 416-849-8900 x 100