Heya fellow CoProjs,
We need a good solution for an in-memory DB (not a hybrid solution, a pure in-memory one).
We run a server farm on strenuous efforts of several weeks at a time, in which we use 100% CPU on all continuously!
We are now looking into performance improve by moving the Worker application to perform strictly in-memory till it is finished (a periodical task performed each time with different params).
At the end we want to take the DB and save it as a file and\or migrate it to another File based DB like SQL Server or Oracle.
I've heard of TimesTen, eXtremeDB, SAP Hana, and there are rumors about MS to unvail an in-memory DB in the next shipment of SQL Server!!
However, I'm not experienced with all the above too much, and I'd like recomendations if you can spare a minute,
Major requirements are:
- Top performance (over 100K transactions per second)
- Cross Platform, i.e. both Linux and Windows (not a must be very very nice-to-have
- Not an Appliance
- Preferably possible embed in the code, like using DLLs and compiling the DB in your project (I know eXtremeDB and Raima work this way, perhaps others too)
- Ability to work with clustering (advantage)
- Ability to save the file at the end of the process
So the question is, I guess, what to pick, when and why? :)