Click here to Skip to main content
12,999,417 members (83,969 online)
Rate this:
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.
See more:

I got the following error when i passed an entity object to a WebService

The maximum string content length quota (8192) has been exceeded while reading XML data. This quota may be increased by changing the MaxStringContentLength property on the XmlDictionaryReaderQuotas object used when creating the XML reader

I tried to solve this problem by giving the below code in webconfig of Webservice,but the error still remains. Can anyone Help!!!!!

maxNameTableCharCount="2147483647" />

Posted 1-Apr-13 20:54pm

1 solution

Rate this: bad
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.

Solution 1

did u set like this...
    <binding name="ExStreamWCFBinding" closetimeout="00:00:05" opentimeout="00:00:05" receivetimeout="00:00:05" sendtimeout="00:00:05" transfermode="Buffered" transactionprotocol="OleTransactions" hostnamecomparison="StrongWildCard" maxbufferpoolsize="524288" maxbuffersize="524288" maxconnections="10" maxreceivedmessagesize="5242880">
      <readerquotas maxdepth="32" maxstringcontentlength="5242880" maxarraylength="16384" maxbytesperread="4096" maxnametablecharcount="16384" />

<endpoint address="" binding="netTcpBinding" bindingconfiguration="ExStreamWCFBinding">

Refer these links for more info.[^][^]
Arjun Menon U.K 2-Apr-13 3:39am
where shall i put the end point tag
Naz_Firdouse 2-Apr-13 4:05am
In the config file itself...
Arjun Menon U.K 2-Apr-13 4:44am
No use :(

This content, along with any associated source code and files, is licensed under The Code Project Open License (CPOL)

  Print Answers RSS
Top Experts
Last 24hrsThis month

Advertise | Privacy | Mobile
Web02 | 2.8.170624.1 | Last Updated 2 Apr 2013
Copyright © CodeProject, 1999-2017
All Rights Reserved. Terms of Service
Layout: fixed | fluid

CodeProject, 503-250 Ferrand Drive Toronto Ontario, M3C 3G8 Canada +1 416-849-8900 x 100