Click here to Skip to main content
13,088,305 members (54,774 online)
Rate this:
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.
See more:
How do you do the animation used on the VS2012 installer?
I'm just interested because I'm currently working on a thesis and I wanna use those effects or animation or whatever its called.
Posted 29-Apr-13 1:00am
Updated 29-Apr-13 3:08am

1 solution

Rate this: bad
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.

Solution 1

You mean those little dots that move in to the center of the window from the left and go out to the right?

That's a marquee scroller that's used when you need to indicate something is going on in a long-running process but cannot provide a completion percentage of the process.

I fail to see how that is a critical component to a thesis. Something like that is just pretty graphics and not something you should be wasting your time on when completing a thesis.
Djhay Estimada 30-Apr-13 0:33am
Hey there Sir Dave! Umm, what I meant was, when you click next, the content slides out to the left and revealing another content. I know that the UI interface or any eye boggling graphics are a waste on a thesis and functionality is more important, but uhh, why not try implementing it.
Dave Kreskowiak 30-Apr-13 7:28am
Easily done in WPF. It's just a textarea you slide in with an animation.

In Windows Forms, a pain in the ass. It's either a label that you have to do all the math for to slide in or you draw the text yourself, frame by frame, in the animation.

Again, is this REALLY necessary fr a thesis??

This content, along with any associated source code and files, is licensed under The Code Project Open License (CPOL)

  Print Answers RSS
Top Experts
Last 24hrsThis month

Advertise | Privacy |
Web04 | 2.8.170813.1 | Last Updated 30 Apr 2013
Copyright © CodeProject, 1999-2017
All Rights Reserved. Terms of Service
Layout: fixed | fluid

CodeProject, 503-250 Ferrand Drive Toronto Ontario, M3C 3G8 Canada +1 416-849-8900 x 100