hi to all ,
i have a problem ... i want to create a login user for my database ..
For this i did the following process ...
1. In server explorer i go on "Security" and then on "Login" and then on right click "New Login"
2. In "general" tab i set a "Login name" . and check "sql server authentication" and set passward
3. Then in "Default database" i select "master" and in "default language" i set "english"
4 In server roles ... check all roles
5. in "user mapping " i select database for which i want to create login user .
6. And in "status" grant permision and enable login .
7. And then click ok .
But this is not working. when i try to login , it says ...
"A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 233)"
and then i also enable namedpipe in sql server configuration manager ..
but it gives the same error ... pls give suggetion .. where i am wrong in my process.. ?