ref:Difference between basichttpbinding and wshttpbindings
Difference between BasicHttpBinding and WSHttpBinding
1. WS-I Basic Profile 1.1 specification (Old ASMX style)
2. It supports SOAP 1.1 as a messaging protocol
3. Doesn’t support WS-Security, and the entire payload is
sent in plain text.
4. Offers great level of interoperability.
1. Allows you to use various WS-* specifications such as
WS-Security 1.1, WS-Reliable Messaging etc
2. It supports SOAP 1.2 as a messaging protocol
3. As its built using WS-* specifications, it does not support
wider ranges of client.
WSHttpBinding more secure and reliable than BasicHttpBinding. Finally, if compatibility is not required, WSHttpBinding is the choice.