Setting the (Default) Registry value in a Deployment Project
I have searched the net and tried various solutions. Finally I got it working.
- Right click on the deployment project and open the registry options
- Create the registry key to access
- On the right-hand side in the box beneath Name, right click, select new|String Value
- Delete “New Value #1” and press enter
- It changes the value automatically to “(Default)”
- It will now set the “(Default)” created by default by windows when running the msi.
This works for all registry types such as String Value, Binary Value etc.