Recently I worked on a WPF application
which supports localization using LocBAML tool. I created a sample application,
having a very simple UI, consist of a button inside a window. Here I am
assuming that most of you are aware on how to generate satellite assemblies.
So, quickly coming to the point, when I build my application, build was
successful. But when I launched, my application crashed with reason stated as
IOException. Alas !!!
After spending almost an hour, I came to
know that it was due to Culture settings. Let's have a look at my code first:
Using the code
My App.xaml.cs looks like this:
public partial class App : Application
CultureInfo fr = new CultureInfo("fr-FR");
Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = fr;
Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = fr;
Apart from this above code, I also
updated my project file (.csproj) for development language so that my satellite
assembly contains the neutral language resources. Following line was added in
the project file:
Apart from this, I did nothing special
in my app. After hitting my head on msdn, I got an idea on why culture changes
was causing an exception.
Well, no need to get panic. Solution is pretty simple. Let's
move ahead and open your assembly.info.cs file and uncomment below
[assembly: NeutralResourcesLanguage("en-US", UltimateResourceFallbackLocation.Satellite)]
After this minor change, we are good to
By uncommenting this line, we are telling runtime that
culture information needs to be read from satellite assembly.
Hope, this tip will save your time :)