Today I was looking at one of the client's Silverlight projects. I was able to debug anything but Silverlight code!
I did so much of R&D on the internet and tried various tricks suggested. But only this thing worked for me:
When you add a Silverlight project to an ASP.NET solution, you create 2 projects…
A. the startup project (interface starter)
B. the interface itself
- Right click on the startup project (SilverlightWeb — the one with default.aspx in it )…
- Click on ‘Property Pages’
- Open ‘Start Options’ Tab
- Enable Silverlight Debugger
If step 3 is missing, then
- There must be 'Silverlight Applications' tab. Open it.
- Click Add button, you will get a window to add the Silverlight projects
- Add Silverlight interface
- Enable Silverlight Debugging in options
- Add it. Save.