K3DSurf is a program to visualize and manipulate multidimensional surfaces by using Mathematical equations. It's also a "Modeler" for POV-Ray in the area of parametric objects and Isosurfaces.
- 3D, 4D, 5D and 6D HyperObjects visualization.
- Full support of all functions (like C language).
- Support of mouse event in the drawing area (Left:Rotate, Right:Scale, and Middle:Translate).
- Animation and Morph effect.
- POVscript and Mesh file generation (and run if POV-Ray is installed). VRML2 and OBJ files also supported.
- More than 100 well known examples.
Current Version: K3DSurf 0.6.1 (11 Dec 06)
K3DSurf has now an integrated OpenGL viewer that makes it far faster than before in manipulating height resolution mathematical models. The gain of performance is huge, especially if you have an OpenGL based graphics card, and the use of the CPU can drop to...0% even with the morph effect in action at full-screen mode.
- Laptop IBM T20 (P3 550M, 256M, 8M graphics card) ==> Works fine
- AMD 2GH, ATI Radeon 9000Pro/128M ===> Huge performance gain for interactive manipulation, CPU usage drops to 0% with animation.
New features in v0.6.1:
- Condition area now works for Isosurfaces with the OpenGL viewer.
- "Tools" page now uses the OpenGL viewer for real time manipulation and generation of the mathematical models.
- A new independent component named "Control Center" to control the drawing for Iso/Parametric surfaces without having to switch between pages (look at the "Options" page).
- Grid max for Isosurfaces now is 60x60x60 (before it was 30x30x30), and the maximum number of polygons is now 99.000 (before, it was 9900).
- Info in the OpenGL window for Parametric and Isosurfaces.
- Bug fix and new examples for Isosurfaces.
Update of code source/binaries are available for download from here or Sourceforge. Also available, K3DSurf with install/uninstall program. All your comments, suggestions, and bug reports are welcome. Thanks!