For use in Microsoft Content Management Server, this is an XML placeholder control that displays thumbnails of images in a Resource Gallery. In authoring mode, authors specify which resource gallery to generate image thumbnails, thumbnail size, and other sorting and display properties. In presentation mode, all images in the specified Resource Gallery will be rendered as thumbnails with links to the full size images. Practical application includes showing images of an event, for example.
A C# version of this control is available here.
The placeholder control has the following public properties:
All these properties are optional. They allow designers to change the default values.
The look and feel of the rendered output can be customized by CSS styles. Do a view source on the rendered page to see all the CSS classes available.
- Please reference section "Custom Placeholder Controls" in CMS documentation. It is located in: Site Development: Developing Your MCMS Site: Extending the Functionality of MCMS: Creating Custom Placeholders: Custom Placeholder Controls.
- Copy ThumbnailImagesPlaceholder.vb to the web control directory of your MCMS site. Change ProjectName in line 18 to your project name.
- Copy ThumbnailImagesLabelItem.vb and ThumbnailImagesItemTemplate.vb to the class directory of your MCMS site.
- Include the placeholder control in your page template. For example:
<%@ Register TagPrefix="wcl"
- In authoring mode, client side validation is done by a validation control. In order for it to work, you need to modify some console actions. Copy the action classes to your root directory. In the console file, register the custom actions and change the default actions to the new custom actions. For example:
To register the custom action, add:
<%@ Register TagPrefix="CustomAction"
and similarly for
- Include ThumbnailImages.css in the template.
- Make sure subscribers have access to the Resource Gallery specified.
- Rebuild your site in VS.NET.
- V1.0 - 2004.02.06 - Base.
- V1.1 - 2004.02.08 - Added rendering of thumbnails in authoring mode.
- V1.2 - 2004.07.08
NullReferenceException when control is added to an existing template and an existing page using the template is edited.
- Split CustomAction.vb into individual class files.
- V1.3 - 2005.04.14 - Revised public properties and CSS styles. Added option for Sort Order, Repeat Direction and Show Image Size. Some changes based on C# code submitted by James Penneck. Thanks!