For use in the Microsoft Content Management Server, this set of plug-ins (written in C#) allows Administrators and Channel Managers to create and delete Channels using the Web Author. The Create Channel dialog also provides an option to create a default page for the newly created channel. When a default page template is selected, the user will be directed to the authoring view of the default page within the newly created channel. The user can either fill in content and click Save to create the default page, or click Cancel without creating the default page.
A VB.NET version of this set of plug-ins is available here.
- Copy all files in the directory WebControlLibray to the web control library project of your MCMS solution.
- Copy the directory WebAuthor to the root of your MCMS site.
- In your console control, register
CustomAction, include Console.js, add
PresentationModeContainer (Unpublished), and add
ErrorConsole. The following are the changes required as done in DefaultConsole.ascx.
<%@ Register TagPrefix="CustomAction"
Assembly="WebControl Library Assembly Name" %>
- Rebuild your site solution in Visual Studio, and you are all set.
- V1.0 - 2004.04.10 - Base.
- V1.1 - 2004.07.08
- Fixed the missing buttons in the dialog.
- Split CustomAction.cs into ChannelCreateAction.cs and ChannelDeleteAction.cs.
- V1.2 - 2004.10.09 - Added an option to create a default page.
- V1.21 - 2005.07.08 - Renamed the namespaces and updated the installation instructions.
- V1.3 - 2006.05.14 - Added an ASP.NET 2.0 version.
If a channel is empty, MCMS will render the channel using the default cover page. You will, therefore, need a Channel Rendering script to fully utilize this set of plug-ins. Please see the MCMS documentation, "Creating Channel Rendering Scripts", for details.