Today, I am going to review a book which has been published by Packt Publishing.
The author of this book is Wojciech Bednarski.
Table of Contents
What You Will Learn From This Book
- Test your codebase and application as well as learn how to integrate tests with the Continuous Integration Tool, Jenkins
- As it does not depend on Server Components, it can be combined with any web service Interface and Server-Side Language.
- It finishes with an example of building a web application.
- This book will guide you on how to build a sample application from scratch, test its codebase using unit testing, as well as test the whole application using functional testing, document it, and deploy the same.
Who This Book Is For
- The way the author has explained the code snippets are really awesome. It's very clear and we can follow it even without practically involving with the code base because it contains all the relevant images, output of the source code and more...
- In each and every chapter, there are a number of useful external links for obtaining additional knowledge where if we would like to. It's really helped for the get in-depth knowledge of the desired areas.
- The source code that comes with this book has a read me file in each and every chapter's folder and it explains how to use the code samples properly which is really good.
- It's better if the source code of this book can be put on jsfiddle. Then readers can easily change things and do live testing. It'll give a huge value for this book. especially for ebook readers.
- I realized there are places where it calls for more explanation about the code snippets. But the author has not done that.
- The other issue that I have about this book is with the formatting of the code snippets. Currently it's in black and white (mono) way. It should require as color syntax code for better reading experience (at least for the ebook).
- I have seen a number of URLs which are wrongly posted.
- I just picked one of them here.
- I have to put in a special thanks to Packt publishers, who gave me this opportunity to review this book. Packt publishers are doing an outstanding job in the software developer world by publishing this kind of up-to-date books in very specific areas. Keep up the good work.
- I have thoroughly enjoyed the reading of this book and I hope you will feel the same too.
- Thanks to the author wojciech as well for writing this kind of instant category book. Keep up the good work.