Android Development Competition
This competition has ended
Win a Motorola Droid X
Create an article that is the best Android tutorial or application template and you could win a Motorola Droid X! The highest rated article wins!
If you develop Android apps and want to help fellow developers get started with a tutorial or application template, write an article and you could win a Motorola Droid X! Not only will you help your fellow developers but you will gain notoriety as an Android development guru to our 7 million plus members.
The contest begins Aug 1st 2010 and runs until Oct 1st 2010.
- Create an article on an Android development tutorial or application template
- Post it in our new Mobile Development > Android section
At the end of the contest, we will choose from the highest rated articles and announce a winner who will receive a Motorola Droid X!
What You Could Win
Motorola Droid X!
- 4.3-inch, 854x480 display
- 8 megapixel camera
- 720p video recording
- 1GHz TI OMAP processor
- 8GB internal storage (plus microSD)
- HDMI out
- 720p video
- true multitouch keyboard, with pre-loaded Swype
- Wi-Fi hotspot powers for up to 5 devices
- 3 mics for video and noise suppression
The prize will be awarded to the top rated tutorial / application template article based on member voting and the Code Project judges’ final selection. A US$ equivalent in lieu of the prize may also be awarded.
- Articles must follow the guidelines listed above.
- The article must be specific to Android development and showcase either a tutorial or application template
- No cheating, lying, stealing code, swashbuckling, or biting.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Only those who live in jurisdictions in which this contest is legal may enter.
- Any breach of the rules and the prize will be awarded to the runner up.
- By entering the contest you agree to the rules, conditions of entry, and agree that your name, member profile information, article, code and any other submitted material can be used for promotional purposes by The Code Project.
- By entering your article in the contest you agree that The Code Project can link to your article and all accompanying data or information for promotional purposes.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized "M" Logo are registered in the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office.
Conditions of Entry
Current winners list
This article has the goal of helping someone who is about to design an Android application and needs to make a choice regarding the database solution.
Perform CRUD, i.e. Create, Read, Update, and Delete, on data using a SQLite Database on Android.
Consuming WebAPI2 service from Android application
Java Android GPS Example & Tutorial . . . Including Android M (6.0, API 23) . . . Using & Testing On Device & Emulators . . . PLUS: Google Maps Tutorial
Using Basic4Android, develop your first Android Native App
In this Android ExpandablelistView tutorial, we will learn how to make an expandable list in Android.
General News Suggestion Question Bug Answer Joke Praise Rant Admin
Use Ctrl+Left/Right to switch messages, Ctrl+Up/Down to switch threads, Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right to switch pages.