The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
And now I see what the glass door is.lt is the door of a coffin. ..mine.
Not a coffin, a sarcophagus. I am in an enormous vault , dead, and they are paying their last respects.
It’s kind of them to come and do this. They didn’t have to do this. I feel grateful.Now Chris motions for me to open the glass door of the vault. I see he wants to talk to me. He wants me to tell him, perhaps.what death is like.I feel a desire to do this, to tell him. It was so good of him to come and wave I will tell him it's not so bad. It's just lonely.
I reach to push the door open but a dark figure in a shadow beside the door motions for me not to touch it. A single finger is raised to lips I cannot see. The dead aren't permitted to speak.
But they want me to talk.I’m still needed! Doesn’t he see this? There must he some kind of mistake.Doesn't he see that they need me? I plead with the figure that I have to speak to them.It’s not finished yet. I have to tell them things. But the figure in the shadows makes no sign he has even heard.
"CHRIS! " I shout through the door."I'LL SEE YOU!!"
The dark figure moves toward me threateningly ,but I hear Chris’s voice, "Where? " faint and distant. He heard me! And the dark figure, enraged, draws a curtain over the door.
Bad command or file name. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaaay...