The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
They told the police that the 5 hp lawn-mower engine powered vehicle was constructed and build by themself without any help. The only design problem: The steering mechanism is reversed (turning the steering wheel clockwise moves the vehicle leftwards).
"schinden" has to be translated as maltreat or mistreat.
"verschinden" is not really an nowadays existing German word (it might be found in old texts). If I would have to explain the meaning I would use "verhunzen" or "verpfuschen" = bungle or butcher or "verunstalten" = deface.
And yes, butcher can be killing (execute) but should be not interpreted that way here.
More accurately it would mean 'disappearance of users', but with the missing 'w' it probably assumes that to be a typo (which it indeed is). If you look at the other replies, you could nitpick about the word 'schinden' and not commonly using it as 'verschinden', but I just don't want that to be in the way.
"I don't know, extraterrestrial?" "You mean like from space?" "No, from Canada."
If software development were a circus, we would all be the clowns.
Ohhhh, oh, oh, oh, ohhh,
No records, there, in the little project logger,
Your designs for power still opaque:
Never content to let us shine
You publicly flog our bare code-behinds
So you're the one with all the glory,
You the one takes credit for our work
A master of manipulating others weakness
With a beautiful smile to hide the plan.
Did you ever guess you're not our hero?
You're everything we never want to be
We can crawl lower than the earthworms,
For you are the dirt beneath our rings
It may have looked like we were scrummers,
But, that's a mask we wear for you
We want you to know we know the truth, of course we do:
We'd be more productive without you
Did you ever know you're not our hero?
You're everything we never want to be ...
«There is a spectrum, from "clearly desirable behaviour," to "possibly dodgy behavior that still makes some sense," to "clearly undesirable behavior." We try to make the latter into warnings or, better, errors. But stuff that is in the middle category you don’t want to restrict unless there is a clear way to work around it.» Eric Lippert, May 14, 2008
Hello guys, WhatsApp has recently launched a new service as 'Status Chat', Which allows to share you status, like others status and comment/reply on it. A new status tab is also added. I personally didn't like this change as it makes
more complicated just like any other applications. I wants to know how you guys feels about it? You like this [Y] or not [N] ?
Thanks & Regards Puneet Goel Save Paper >> Save Tree >> Save Humanity