The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
Was hunting around to figure out how to do a few things in 2017 that were fairly simple in previous versions. Turns out that the registry settings are handled differently now. Whilst searching for some insight on the old googley I came across this very useful posting:
The crow family are already clever animals; some tests have them as clever as 4 year old humans, but if we end up forcing an increase in brain size through cohabitation with us, what will we end up with? A new species of super crow!!!! Will it take over the world!!!
Many of the programmers will have either one of the dreams i.e creating an antivirus or creating their own operating system. Well, I had the former dream that creating an anti-virus of my own. After many months of hard work, I finally made an antivirus which meets most of the standard requirements for an anti-virus., It is a portable solution and it has many features included along with it
Okay, I wanted an antivirus, I created one! and I would like to distribute it. But I dont know whether I am a man or a boy., I am just 18 and a half years old and do not have too much of money and time to promote and supporting so I decided to make this as an open-source one. Is there any way to get some kind of revenue from open-source products?
Can you give some suggestion on what to do after this stage? making it open source or doing anything....
a foolish or contemptible person who lacks social skills or is boringly studious.
"I was a serious nerd until I discovered girls and cars"
synonyms: bore, dull person; More
informaldork, dweeb, geek;
"it needs care to wear a tie like this without looking like a nerd"
a single-minded expert in a particular technical field.
"a computer nerd"