The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
A lesser-level IT group member was suddenly terminated Friday afternoon. No reasonable cause was given - effectively labeled redundant. That, when tied to why he was told he'd be redundant, just doesn't hold up under even mild scrutiny. Some other events coming out of HR (Human Resources) that also may bode ill. Furthermore, all of IT (at all levels) was kept in the dark about this event until it was executed.
Hang on, kids! There's a fan, and a shovel, and someone's probably going to use it.
Dyslexia or myopia.
Maybe even some astigmatism thrown in for good measure.
Take your pick
(You should post this at a regular time every day, and preferably twice daily 12 hours apart, for those who sleep at the correct time. And in all seriousness this is probably the only 'of the day' I read)