The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
I wasn't really into computers until I bought a better mouse, that really got the ball rolling (only pre-millenial kids will understand this ).
Not playing anything at the moment, and for good reason. I can't game with moderation, so once I start I'll neglect my social life and duties outside work (I still go to work). That was awesome when I was still in school, but then something called "adulthood" happened (not to be confused with "adultery") The last game I played and finished was Final Fantasy XV on PlayStation. The last game I played and finished on PC was Planescape: Torment (and that was last year). Since my computer isn't really up to par these days I switched to PlayStation gaming. I'm currently looking forward to Horizon: Zero Dawn[^]
My faithful lappy is down two keys - up and left cursor - plus the 5 & 7 sometimes need an extra hard press; I guess they'll be gone soon. I have a number pad so I can use that for the cursor and just have to remember to really hit those 5 & 7's well. I do have an external keyboard and mouse for work so it' only weekend/evening faffing that gets hit.
Just got an email, advertising HDD's. And one caught my eye: Seagate BarraCuda and a picture of a 10TB HDD. The price? £41.99 (or $52.12 at todays exchange rate) "I'll get four and upgrade the NAS!" I thought, quickly clicking on it. No, no ... "from £41.99" it says. That price gets you a 500GB. 10TB are £427.98 each. Elephant.
Grrr...I hate small print...
Bad command or file name. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaaay...
And actually there is a law about small letters in printed advertising, but it is an absolute small (not smaller than 2 mm) and not a relative, so a designer still can hide some important info... (and this too, in Israel)
Skipper: We'll fix it. Alex: Fix it? How you gonna fix this? Skipper: Grit, spit and a whole lotta duct tape.