The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
"the debugger doesn't tell me anything because this code compiles just fine" - random QA comment "Facebook is where you tell lies to your friends. Twitter is where you tell the truth to strangers." - chriselst "I don't drink any more... then again, I don't drink any less." - Mike Mullikins uncle
87% of millennials engage in password reuse
⇒⇒⇒Every time you reuse a password, a hacker gets his wings ⇐⇐⇐
This is just the latest example of a remark that made me actually LOL.
I've been getting the Daily News for years now and I just want the people involved in its production to know they are appreciated.
That's all. Just thanks.
"I intend to live forever - so far, so good." Steven Wright
"I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she left me before we met." Also Steven Wright
"I'm addicted to placebos. I could quit, but it wouldn't matter." Steven Wright yet again.
My coworkers were complaining because we ran out of Starbucks coffee and are now drinking Folgers. I can't taste much of a difference between the two and its free! Personally I would rather be hooked on the cheap stuff anyway!
We don't have Starbucks (well, actually we have only one, fairly recent) in Italy and to tell you the truth, it would be useless here. We have hundreds of cafès and if someone is on the move he will take a coffee directly at the counter (very common) in less than two minutes instead of taking away. It usually costs around 1€ that way, and pastries too, so it's cheap.
While I'm in London though Starbucks is a blessing: London requires an awful lot of walking and while being slightly warmer than the parts of Italy I come from it's also freaking windy and damp. Being able to keep on moving while holding a moderately sized cup of hot coffee is a real blessing from the skies - most of the time I'm not even interested in the coffee itself but anything warm would do. The usual italian way doesn't help as much since the coffee is extremely shorter and the few minutes in the heated cafè are never enough. Also the cities are smaller and more cramped so there is less to walk.
* CALL APOGEE, SAY AARDWOLF * GCS d--- s-/++ a- C++++ U+++ P- L- E-- W++ N++ o+ K- w+++ O? M-- V? PS+ PE- Y+ PGP t++ 5? X R++ tv-- b+ DI+++ D++ G e++>+++ h--- ++>+++ y+++* Weapons extension: ma- k++ F+2 X * Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game. * I'm a puny punmaker.
Last Visit: 31-Dec-99 19:00 Last Update: 28-Feb-17 2:45