The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
"Order from Chaos" by Max Cooper and Maxime Causeret: [^].
A collaboration between the UK-based electronic musician Max Cooper and the French motion graphics artist Maxime Causeret, Order from Chaos features an experimental soundtrack inspired by the concept of emergence accompanied by mesmerising representations of emergent systems, including the cooperation of simple cells, swarm behaviour and Alan Turing’s proposed mathematical theory of embryology.
In the 1960's we could see these with our eyes closed
«There is a spectrum, from "clearly desirable behaviour," to "possibly dodgy behavior that still makes some sense," to "clearly undesirable behavior." We try to make the latter into warnings or, better, errors. But stuff that is in the middle category you don’t want to restrict unless there is a clear way to work around it.» Eric Lippert, May 14, 2008
Most of it works on Linux and Windows as well, with the exception of XCode
Ah, I see you have the machine that goes ping. This is my favorite. You see we lease it back from the company we sold it to and that way it comes under the monthly current budget and not the capital account.
".45 ACP - because shooting twice is just silly" - JSOP, 2010 - You can never have too much ammo - unless you're swimming, or on fire. - JSOP, 2010 - When you pry the gun from my cold dead hands, be careful - the barrel will be very hot. - JSOP, 2013
you have to admit the square cornered oversized baby building blocks in mono color look really lets the capabilities of any machine down, would you buy a Ford GT if it had the look of a Model T? "Retro" is for idiots who are lazy and can't come up with any new ideas.
Sin tack ear lol Pressing the any key may be continuate
a movement or series of moves requiring skill and care.
"snowboarders performed daring manoeuvres on precipitous slopes"
synonyms: operation, exercise, activity, move, movement, action
"a tricky parking manoeuvre"
a large-scale military exercise of troops, warships, and other forces.
"the Russian vessel was on manoeuvres"
synonyms: training exercises, exercises, war games, operations
"large-scale military manoeuvres"
move skilfully or carefully.
"the lorry was unable to manoeuvre comfortably in the narrow street"
synonyms: steer, guide, drive, negotiate, navigate, pilot, direct, manipulate, move, work, jockey
"I manoeuvred the car into a parking space"
carefully guide or manipulate (someone or something) in order to achieve an end.
"they were manoeuvring him into betraying his friend"
synonyms: intrigue, plot, scheme, plan, lay plans, conspire, pull strings; More
This page demonstrates just how vast space is in general and how far apart are planets in our solar system from each other, and from the sun. We've all seen pictures of the solar system, but this is a more accurate portrayal of it, and it assumes that the moon were just 1 pixel.
If you play KSP you get a feeling for those distances, while you are able to reach the moon with in hours and do a roundtrip within a day (easily), the mars is a lot longer trip where you either have to skip forward with highspeed or just fly thousands of moon missions meanwhile