The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
Welcome to the Lounge. Unfortunately, it looks as though you are so excited at the thought of posting a question here that you accidentally posted your request in the wrong forum. I can perfectly understand that - it's a heady thing, the thought that you are getting access to all those fine minds. Let me give you some advice that might help you.
The Lounge is not for programming questions.
When you do ask a programming question, please remember that we don't know what you already have, so you need to give us a lot more than a single line.
If you are here hoping that someone will write code for you, you have come to the wrong site. You really need to try something like rentacoder.com
If I'm in on a thread like this early, I like to try not to scare the poster off, but to highlight things that they can do to improve their chances of not getting roasted alive. Sometimes I'm too slow.