The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
Was hunting around to figure out how to do a few things in 2017 that were fairly simple in previous versions. Turns out that the registry settings are handled differently now. Whilst searching for some insight on the old googley I came across this very useful posting:
Can anyone tell me how VS 2017 compares to VS 2015 as far as memory usage? I really like 2015, but am currently working mainly on a workstation with only 4GB memory and 2015 is a real memory hog, and painfully slow. (compared to 2010 at least)
I tried goggle, but all they talk about is load time improvements. Thanks!
The crow family are already clever animals; some tests have them as clever as 4 year old humans, but if we end up forcing an increase in brain size through cohabitation with us, what will we end up with? A new species of super crow!!!! Will it take over the world!!!
I have always held the idea that we are (the southern US, anyway) genetically immproving armadillos. Eventualy, we will have selected for either fast ones (to cross roads), or super-armored: not bothered by being hit by cars.
Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house. - Lazarus Long