The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
In reply to my previous post about my weekend liberty pass.
1. The breakfast was not bad. Not as good as usual but maybe 6/10. As much as I like crispy bacon they gave me something not far removed from tough boot leather. Let it be soft, let it be crispy but please don't give me old boots. The mushrooms had obviously stewed in their own juices. Not unpleasant, but not right. I'll put it down to an off-day by the Côte restaurant kitchen staff.
2. I never saw the local team play rugby. It was too cold, too wet so I opted for a cake and coffee at Costa.
3. The Springboks made hard work for themselves beating Ireland. I like the result but not much at all to get excited about. Argentina's win over Wales was extraordinarily amazing. Well deserved.
4. The sabre competition went much better than expected. I won three out of five bouts in my pool and qualified for the DE knockout rounds as I finished 2nd out of six second-placed qualifiers, of which the first three advanced. In the DE round of 32 I beat a fencer I've lost to twice before 15-12. In the next round of 16 I was up against the 2nd seed and lost by a creditable (to me at least) score of 15-8 of which five of my hits were impressive stop-cuts. I also nailed him with one almighty strike on the head.
We all stopped fencing at 11am for the two-minute remembrance observance for those who died in war. Some of the fencers raised their swords in salute as if standing to attention. It was quite poignant.
5. I never made the appointment with an ice-cold beer as I lost too much time watching the other bouts and the final. I picked up Mrs. Wifey and got home just in time to catch the end of the All Blacks expected victory over Scotland. Overall, a good weekend.
"I do not have to forgive my enemies, I have had them all shot." — Ramón Maria Narváez (1800-68). "I don't need to shoot my enemies, I don't have any." - Me (2012).
Last Visit: 31-Dec-99 19:00 Last Update: 29-Mar-17 7:52