The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
Welcome to the Lounge. Unfortunately, it looks as though you are so excited at the thought of posting a question here that you accidentally posted your request in the wrong forum. I can perfectly understand that - it's a heady thing, the thought that you are getting access to all those fine minds. Let me give you some advice that might help you.
The Lounge is not for programming questions.
When you do ask a programming question, please remember that we don't know what you already have, so you need to give us a lot more than a single line.
If you are here hoping that someone will write code for you, you have come to the wrong site. You really need to try something like rentacoder.com
Ah, you're so predictable I could have wrote your answer for you and saved you the time. You see, I wasn't "defending" OG, I was trying to answer to your first post but it was so sleazy and ignorant that lingua mortal non dice quel ch'io sentiva in seno.
Your second post just gave me the incipit I needed to properly answer. Yes, I do feed the trolls, from time to time. Have a merry digestion.
* CALL APOGEE, SAY AARDWOLF * GCS d--- s-/++ a- C++++ U+++ P- L- E-- W++ N++ o+ K- w+++ O? M-- V? PS+ PE- Y+ PGP t++ 5? X R++ tv-- b+ DI+++ D++ G e++>+++ h--- ++>+++ y+++* Weapons extension: ma- k++ F+2 X * Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game. * I'm a puny punmaker.
Basically, based on my day experience, each challenge gives you an HTML layout, and some CSS classes, and tells you how that markup should behave as a UI. You then have to code the plain vanilla JS to achieve what is wanted. I see mine is vintage vanilla, lacking things like document.querySelector and still using var instead of const, but I with some Googling on a very slow internet connection, I shovelled out quite a hackish, but neat and working solution in about 2 hours.
If anyone else is interested, I think we should start a thread on one of the discussion boards to compare and discuss our own solutions, as well as the given solution.
Immanentize the Eschaton!
Last Visit: 31-Dec-99 19:00 Last Update: 27-Mar-17 23:32