The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
My "side" business is causing me so many head-aches its funny. I mean, when you do personal coding projects you can take short-cuts right?
1) The label printer is installed on a computer on the network, works fine for shipping labels from C#. Until I moved to my "big" dev. machine. Suddenly it refused to take margins and paper size requiring me to "enumerate" through allowed papers sizes. But, every other machine it works fine!
2) The old Win 7 box that I use for "operations" happens to be 32 bit. Well, that means the web cam gets detected differently so I have to scan for the USB id instead of the name
3) Google let's you use their SMTP, unless you are dumb enough to use it from a different machine, then it will programmatically lock you out.
4) xtraReports designer v11 worked fine in 2010 but not in 2013 because of an Odd error that should have never been an error! Forced upgrades
5) My shipping provider EasyPost (awesome, btw, Chris you should get them to do adds here) rejected a valid address in the Address Validation so now I need a manual address correction workflow.
No rant, its fun, just, once again, surprising that no matter how small the project the standard process is really the correct process ... at least I was using source control from the beginning.
Fascinating to see how they view the up and coming microprocessor, even more amazing is to get to see a technology program and not get a mention of Microsoft etc. Probably as they were only a couple of years old!
Also shows you how far technology has advanced in the last 35+ years.