I have a stored procedure where I pass in my identifier and use it to select a set of rows from several tables. When I execute this SP in query analyzer it works great, returning only the rows that do not exist in @Data. When executed in C# it is returning the entire set of data relevant to that identifier.
I'm at a loss on this. I've spent hours changing the SP around trying to get different results. I've tried both temp tables and var tables with the same results. Again, it always works in QA but never in C#.
Any thoughts? I've shortened some of the repetitive data from this query to save on screen space (and your eyes) but let me know if there is anything else i can show that could help.
Also, here's the weird part. I have a near exact duplicate of this query that works in both C# and QA. The only difference is that #Chas is populated via a select statement that returns a range of values instead of just being populated by the passed in value. I know i don't have to insert this value into #Chas but instead could just compare directly against it. It was like this just to make it as identical to the original as possible since the original works.
GO/****** Object: StoredProcedure [dbo].[sp_BD_PermConflicts] Script Date: 09/10/2012 15:55:45 ******/SET ANSI_NULLS OFFGOSET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER OFFGOALTERPROCEDURE [dbo].[sp_BD_PermConflicts_Chassis_Only]
CreateTABLE #Chas (
set nocount oninsertinto #Chas (Chassis_No) values (@Chassis_Search)
insertinto@Data (Chassis, ItemC, Location, Panel, Part)
selectdistinct WorkPlacementorder.salesorderno, workplacementorder.itemcode, workplacementorder.location, workplacementorder.panel,
from #Chas, workplacementorder
on workplacementorder.itemcode = itembompn.itemcode
on workplacementorder.salesorderno = chassisdb.dbo.tblopenjit.chassisnbr
where chassisdb.dbo.tblopenjit.chassisnbr like #Chas.Chassis_No and chassisdb.dbo.tblopenjit.itemid = itembompn.partnumber1
and WorkPlacementorder.salesorderno like #Chas.Chassis_No
SELECT b_d_Dashpanel.dbo.workplacementorder.ItemCode, b_d_Dashpanel.dbo.items.itemdescription
FROM #Chas, B_D_DashPanel.dbo.WorkPlacementOrder join b_d_Dashpanel.dbo.items on b_d_Dashpanel.dbo.workplacementorder.itemcode = b_d_Dashpanel.dbo.items.itemcode
where salesorderno = Chassis_No and b_d_DashPanel.dbo.workplacementorder.itemcode notin (select itemc from@Data)
Logic dictates that there is a difference between @Chassis_Search passed in as a nvarchar and the format stored in the table. Can you do a select from itembompn where field = @Chassis_Search. It may be a character set incompatibility.
Try changing the field to varchar!
Also never use sp_ to prefix your procedures, this forces SQL Server to search all the system procedures as well as your own - it can be a real performance hit.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity RAH
I've tried it both ways, with @chassis_search and using #Chas. The tried it because the other SP selects a large range of values into it and then runs the exact same from the first insert on out. It works, this one doesn't.
I block wildcards on the software side so I'm not to concerned about wildcard entries. I'm used to visual studio using = when a parameter is required.
Last Visit: 31-Dec-99 19:00 Last Update: 10-Dec-16 18:20