This article discusses how to wrap Google Maps API as an ASP.NET custom control.
It offers an extremely easy and fast way of adding Google Maps API support on your ASP.NET pages.
Project Home Page
- Setting the Size
- Easy way to setup an issued Google Map API key
- Geocoding or Latitude/Longitude center point of the map
- Zoom factor of the map
- Google Map Marker(s), with formatted text, using Geocoding or Latitude/Longitude
- Traffic Overlays
- Driving Directions (look at the sample page for the issue with localhost usage)
- Works with ASP.NET AJAX (under UpdatePanel)
- Capture map click point position
- GoogleBar for address search on the maps
- When using Google Maps on localhost, they can work without properly obtained keys (even that given in the samples here), but in order to work without problems, you have to obtain a key for the desired domain.
- Driving direction will not appear on localhost, but on the public site/domain for which you have obtained the key, they will be shown properly. (That is probably protection or security issue of Google Maps API.)
Using the Code
Points of Interest
- 24.Jan.2008 - Releases 2.5 and 3.0 are in the queue now, check out the features coming up
- 3.Jan.2008 - Release 2.0 has been published
- 19.Dec.2007 - Source code is on Codeplex now