With Silverlight and WPF data visualization controls you can create compelling, high-end Business Intelligence solutions. In their latesst WPF 4 and Silverlight 4 releases out later this month, Infragistics makes your applications shine. A wealth of samples serve to showcase their rich analytics.
This month Infragistics launches new releases of its NetAdvantage® for Silverlight Data Visualization toolset and the all-new NetAdvantage® for WPF Data Visualization toolset (currently available in CTP) that provide XAML data visualization controls for that high-end Business Intelligence solution. In this article, we walk through the many samples showcasing rich data analytics you can add to make your application shine with Infragistics data visualization controls.
Download a 30-day free trial of NetAdvantage for Silverlight Data Visualization and/or NetAdvantage for WPF Data Visualization to get started today.
Of all the kinds of charts to lead off with (pie, scatter, bubble, line, area, stacked, candlestick – all supported by the way), you might at first be dismissive of the humble seating chart. That all changes when you think about the amount in sales transacted everyday around the world for passenger flights, table service restaurants, concerts, and sporting events like the World Cup! Infragistics provides a geo-spatial map control with support for custom shapes and colors that allow you to create interactive airline seating chart applications that give travelers more information about their aircraft, seats and amenities.
Figure 1 – Infragistics Geo-Spatial Map control with its support for custom shapes and colors enables you to create highly interactive seating charts.
Rather than writing your own seating chart user interface, you can concentrate on delivering these additional values to your customers (all also accomplished using Infragistics controls):
- Passengers can see where seats are located in the plane, such as proximity to exists, lavatories, galleys, aisles and windows.
- To give passengers a sense of other travelers’ past experiences with the airline, a graph of customer satisfaction ratings is shown.
- Passengers see seat ratings from past travelers, helping them to make a decision based on whether the seat is good or has some drawbacks.
- Seating chart displays which seats are occupied and which are available. Once a passenger decides on the desired seat, they can click on the shape to select it.
- Information about the aircraft such as its total number of seats in each class, the width and pitch of the seats, and the flight amenities are made available in one place.
You can set yourself apart from the competition with a compelling, high-end data visualization like those made possible by Infragistics data visualization controls. Download your own free trial of the Silverlight data visualization or WPF data visualization tools today.
Seating charts aren’t the only important geospatial application of Infragistics map controls for Silverlight and WPF, and equally large class of applications involve floor plans. From patient, bed and equipment tracking in hospitals to inventory location on warehouse floors, and opimizing manufacturing processes in large factories, floor plans have uses across industries to promote efficiency and monitoring of resources.
Figure 2 – Infragistics Geo-Spatial Map control presents the beds in this hospital as a comprehensively informative floorplan view that an be drilled down into for further details.
Visually depicting one floor of a hospital, the floor plan provides hospital administrators relevant information about patients and staff with one glance. You get at the business intelligence right away:
- Information covering the floor as a whole – total number of beds, number of beds available, physician(s) on call and current head nurse.
- Easily identify the status of any bed on the floor through its shape’s color and border – free, assigned, occupied, awaiting discharge, male and female.
- Aggregate data about the patients, such as the number of males and females assigned to the floor.
- Rapidly locate crucial medical equipment like vital signs monitors or portable X-ray machines on the floor.
- Drilldown into an individual patient’s details including age, pulse, blood pressure, temperature, blood type, etc., without having to physically visit the patient’s bedside.
Make applications that empower their users to make more efficient use of their property with Infragistics data visualization controls. Download your own free trial of the Silverlight data visualization or WPF data visualization tools today.
Dashboards provide high-level, aggregate information as well as the ability to drill down into specifics. You often need to design your dashboard to have the flexibility to make it useful for managers in corporate offices, regional centers, and across the field. Your dashboard also needs to maintain its relevancy across many different job functions like advertising, marketing, product management, operations and of course, sales. Here is an Automotive Industry Sales Dashboard built around the Infragistics geographic map control, that also makes use of several line charts and bullet graphs to provide at-a-glance business intelligence on sales by region, model, dealership and product line.
Figure 3 – Infragistics Geographic Map control forms the centerpiece of this dynamic Auto Sales Dashboard that lets you produce high-end business intelligence solutions that shine.
With the ensemble of Silverlight and WPF data visualization controls shown here, you can quickly produce high-end business intelligence dashboards with these features:
- Assess overall business health and performance.
- See changes in sales (regional, dealership or by model) over different time intervals: weekly, monthly, quarterly, year to date (YTD) and trailing twelve months (TTM).
- Toggle between revenue and volume of sales in units, depending on the business question at ahnd.
- Monitor progress towards set sales objectives using the bullet graphs.
- Evaluate the performance of your individual salespeople.
If these are the kinds of high-end business intelligence solutions you’re looking to build, then download your own free trial of the Silverlight data visualization or WPF data visualization tools from Infragistics now.
Many times you don’t just need to know where an event happened, but when in time. From chronological transaction histories, sequences of deposits and withdrawals from your bank account, all the way to the recording of events, timelines have their everyday uses in software. Infragistics integrates their geographic map control with their timeline control to plot the time, location and magnitude of seismic activity (i.e., earthquakes).
Figure 4 – Infragistics Timeline control displays chronological events just as well as the Map control presents geographic information, letting your software make its point to users in less time.
Seeing seismic activity over time, the user can expand or contract the time shown and filter the range of magnitudes to view on the timeline using sliders at the bottom and right-side of the screen. As with a geographic map view of the same event history, this chronologic view of earthquakes allow the user to select an event to obtain more detailed information about it.
Get to the point in less time, with Infragistics timeline controls and many other data visualization controls you can work smarter, not harder. Download a free trial of the Silverlight data visualization or WPF data visualization tools for yourself today.
Now the tools are available to you to create your own high-end Business Intelligence solutions in Silverlight 4 and WPF 4 using Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2010 with these two products by Infragistics: NetAdvantage for Silverlight Data Visualization and NetAdvantage for WPF Data Visualization. In the latest June release you will find these seat maps, floor plans, maps, gauges, bullet graphs, timelines, charts, barcodes, treemaps and more. Be sure to download the free trial (or Community Technical Preview) as soon as you get a chance, because these data visualization controls will make your applications shine!
Copyright © 1996-2010 Infragistics, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Infragistics, the Infragistics logo and NetAdvantage are registered trademarks of Infragistics, Inc. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owner(s).