0) I'm writing a .Net Core 3.1 command line app (using C#) to read text files on some Raspberry Pi machines on the network. This app will be able to run on either Windows or Linux.
1) The files in question are in the
2) I don't want to create shares of these folders.
3) I'd prefer not to have to install/configure anything on the remote boxes (if at all possible).
4) I know the user ids and passwords for the remote boxes, and am aware that I have to somehow use these credentials in order to "connect" to the remote boxes).
5) I don't want to use another language. I mean, doNet Core is supposed to be cross-platform, right?
How do I go about reading a file on a remote linux box? I've tried a number of ways to do this, but I keep getting the following exception:
"The network name cannot be found. : '\\\\192.168.1.10\\sys\\class\\thermal\\thermal_zone0\\temp'"
(BTW, when running in Windows, the exception is presented with backslashes. I'm actually using forward slashes.)
".45 ACP - because shooting twice is just silly" - JSOP, 2010
You can never have too much ammo - unless you're swimming, or on fire. - JSOP, 2010
When you pry the gun from my cold dead hands, be careful - the barrel will be very hot. - JSOP, 2013