200 articles this week.
Welcome to this week's newsletter from The Code Project.
To ensure that future newsletters you receive from The Code Project
aren't mistakenly blocked by antispam software, be sure to add the maillist.codeproject.com domain to your list of
It's the last long weekend of a fantastic Summer so the team's off doing
end-of-Summer stuff that, as a transplanted Australian, I'm still coming to
grips with. Washing hockey gear? Stock piling salt? Tapping maple trees? There
are secrets and mysteries to this Land I'm yet to penetrate.
But the important stuff:
There are just three days left to receive one of 125 Tablets or All-In-One
PCs and a share of $100K in cash prizes.
You have until Wednesday, September 4 at 11:59 p.m. GMT to
submit your entry to the
Intel App Innovation Contest 2013. On September 10th we'll announce the 125
finalists that will move on to Round 2 and receive either a Lenovo Horizon 27"
All-In-One or ThinkPad Tablet 2 to help turn their app idea into a working demo
or market-ready app to be judged and tested by Intel and industry judges. These
125 CodeProject finalists will go head-to-head with each other and 375 finalists
from three other participating developer communities in India, China and Russia
to battle it out for one of eight $10,000 category prizes and the $20,000 grand
There's not much time left, submit your idea now for your chance to represent
CodeProject in Round 2 and claim international recognition for your app. Make us
What format for the monthly competition would you prefer?
Survey period: 26 Aug 2013 to 2 Sep 2013
There's been a lot of debate so we wanted to open the floor to you for your say. Suggestions, variations and crazy wild ideas welcome. Just make it fair and fun.
|Manual voting: You vote for each article category on home page||296||53.05|
|Automatic selection: the article with the highest ratings within a given time period win||216||38.71|
View optional text answers (38 answers)
This week's survey: What does Steve Ballmer retiring mean for Microsoft?
Most popular new articles
26 Aug 2013 - 1 Sep 2013
200 articles overall. 68 new, 132 updated.
New articles added
- A wrapper for the id3lib library - Oso Oluwafemi Ebenezer
This is a wrapper (in c++) for the id3lib library. It helps in getting and setting (reading and writing) id3 frames in media files that uses ID3 tagging.
- Sagen - Saif Al Falah
Changing the world, one word at a time!
- Math Wizard - yash_agarwal
Math wizard is a math lovers game for all ages
- Hospital Manager Portal - 20CF
Detailed records of patient
- Barx - Never ending fun - Ashwin Singh IND
A casual arcade game
- Nostalgia - Relive your Memories - simar12
Relive your memories
- QuickOpen - Member 10234899
Find your media files with just three clicks / touches using Tagging from Terabytes of files
- Ajua-Chennemane Board Game - dankima
Ajua-Chennemane Board Game
- Memory Rise (memorize) - Sanjay K. Gupta
An educational fun app for small kids
- Bubble Croaker - Sterlope Group
Its an addictive Game which uses Multi-touch interaction to make the character jump over Bubbles to reach its destination.
- Excel data file visualizer - Member 10183606
Excel data files are used everywhere. It will be convenient to visualize the data more intuitively with touch UI
- ABC for Beginners - Raj Verma 1980
This will help for the child who have just start to go to school, it will display the Charachter corresponding to the alphabaets and will explain the terms
- MyAverage - nirvitjani
Build apps to measure car/truck Average in kpl/mpg
- TouchTraveller - Anna Novikova
The article is intended to participate in Intel® App Innovation Contest 2013.
- AllInOne ImageGrassy: The Ultimate Photo Editing Tool - Grasshopper.iics
You would never want to use another photo editor in your AIO again
- Drawing Board - ashok prajapati 11
A multi touch app to allow the device to use as a drawing board with tools available in Paint, Photoshop and some other to enable drawing like “Basic drawing”, “Sketch”, “Abstract”, “SAND ART”, "oil painting effects" etc…
- Tron-Grid_Race - ashok prajapati 11
The game like bike race in movie tron
- Kids Tutor - ashok prajapati 11
Multiple kids learning applications
- Total Medical History - ashok prajapati 11
Application that keeps total medical history of person
- Attack on Air Game - Raj Verma 1980
- WinOlympiad - ambilykk
Help the students to prepare for International Olympiad
- HomeRemedies - ambilykk
HomeRemedies provides a centralized reference for Home remedies
- Blood Donor - vignesh328
- Time Traveller Bureau - ulingameworks
Time travelling on the tip of your finger....... and your math skill!
- Extended CComboBox - Flaviu2
A combobox control which shows a drop down window to assist the user.
- MONO: an alternative for the .NET framework - Software Developer's Journal
This article presents possibilities for development of .NET applications running on operating systems other than Windows, using the MONO platform. Advantages and challenges will be presented. Also presented are some common issues encountered while developing applications using the .NET technology.
- Security in SQL Server 2005 as seen by a programmer - Software Developer's Journal
The goal of this article is to present elements of security in SQL Server such as: restrictive access to the server, blocking and safe configuration of services, and reduction of attack space for new elements. Techniques for creating and managing users and for securing data are illustrated.
- Inventory Management Using SQL Trigger - syed shanu
Simple Inventory Management using SQL Server Trigger
- Chesslings - Marcelo Ricardo de Oliveira
An isometric chess game using Paper JS
- Harnessing the task scheduler - Software Developer's Journal
Using the Task Scheduler interface in applications can be tricky, as it requires a detailed knowledge of the COM technology. This article presents a practical solution to this problem, based on simplifying communications with the interface.
- DHTML, Standards and Browser Compatibility - Software Developer's Journal
This article describes some of the common challenges involved with developing interactive HTML interfaces, along with some ideas for how to solve them. We’ll also take a look at some of the fundamental problems with developing highly-interactive Web interfaces.
- A Framework in C# for Fingerprint Verification - Octavio Loyola González, Miguel Angel Medina Pérez, Andres Eduardo Gutierrez Rodriguez, Milton García Borroto
In this article, we introduce a framework in C# for fingerprint verification, we briefly explain how to perform fingerprint verification experiments and how to integrate your algorithms to the framework.
- Artificial Neural Networks made easy with the FANN library - Software Developer's Journal
Neural networks are typically associated with specialised applications, developed only by select groups of experts. This misconception has had a highly negative effect on its popularity. Hopefully, the FANN library will help fill this gap.
- OpenC++ - A C++ Metacompiler and Introspection Library - Software Developer's Journal
This article presents and overview of source code parsing techniques using OpenC++, including a sample implementation of automated serialisation.
- Mirroring a Team Foundation Service Git Repository to GitHub, Bitbucket, or a Similar Public Git Service - NickClarkIO
A custom build activity to mirror a TFS Git repository to a public Git repository.
- Network socket programming using the NetLib library - Software Developer's Journal
The Palm OS operating system provides a library called the NetLib, allowing easy access to netowrk sockets. The library makes developing network-enabled applications for Palm OS very similar to writing such programs for Unix based systems (and equally easy).
- Regular Express Yourself using RegExpBuilder - Rion Williams
This post is going to cover a new library called RegExpBuilder which aims to transform very nasty looking regular expressions into easily readable formats that can easily be built and understood.
- Shatter Ball - Sudhanshu SP Gupta
A multilevel puzzle game to apply some arrangement through touch and click to destroy every target under given tap chances !!
- PaydayUSA™ Employment Tax Calculator and Payroll Organizer - DrABELL
US Fed, NY State, NY City and Yonkers Employment (Payroll) Tax management app
- Ludo Parchis - Arpan_Rank
Ludo Parchis, world's most played board game, now with unique experience of Lenovo Horizon AIO Table PC for the friends & family-together.
- Think Play Learn - Arpan Rank
Think Play Learn is for Kids who can learn things like identification of different colors as well as play with numbers and alphabets.
- BCMI - A Brain Computer Mouse Interface to Enhance Accessibility - Avinash K. S.
A software application to control mouse cursor with brain signal
- My First Train Set - Yvan Rodrigues
A (virtual) wooden train set for kids of all ages
- iPaint - Ashwin Singh IND
Not your average painting app
- Rural First - Kshitij Marwah 1
An App for Changing the Rural India's Health
- Think & Eat - Santhoshobject
Make to Cook any one with health care service to the user
- Artificial Intelligent Home Assistant - Gnanendra Kumar
An Artificial Intelligent Home Assistant
- Semaphon™ number-to-text converter and sweepstakes engine - DrABELL
App implements bi-directional semantic phone number-to-text converter, extended with novel Lottery+Quiz engine
- Smart Book Reader - Dev_Ish
User friendly book reader
- Inflatimeter™ : Inflation Calculator - DrABELL
Adapted for Tablet PC application allowing inflation calculation on individual/aggregated products and services
- BreaknBounce - Abhishek Nandy
Touch break and move the game objects
- Virtual Blood Bank - Ishankashyap
A blood bank to save life of people in need.
- Budget Calculator - Lawrence87
To calculate the day wise budget and compare every day
- My Budget Tracker - dotnetcodesamples.com
keep track your daily expenses and incomes
- Edumatter M12: Math Calculators and Equation Solvers - DrABELL
5-in-1 educational software package, including: Fraction Calculator, Prime Factoring, Linear, Quadratic and System of Equation solvers
- Her Most Significant Bit™ (New York Digital), 2013 edition - DrABELL
Bell of New York™ presents novel edutaining software app for Ladies in the City, residents and vistors as well
- Walks Of Life - Erasmus Lutse
An Educational Game For ALL-in-Ones
- Virtual 3D-Shopping Mall - Nayan Zawar
application provides a new way of online Shopping by surfing in a virtual mall in which user can would be able to shop online with a new touch experience owing to 3D-clone of user itself
- Musical Drum - pawan kumar verma
Enjoy and fun with your personal Musical Drum
- Fun Educational App-Math Walk - Stalin Pushparaj
An interactive math game that makes learning fun and exciting for kids!
- DictionaryGuru - dankima
Just tap and be the first one to know.
- Fight To Survive : Animal Battle .... An Amazing App - yusif muffed ektilat
This app is a game that let people play a virtual life on their tablets or computers or smartphones.
- Wiki Help App with API Link to Application for Devs - Turbonate
This article describes my ideas for making a Wiki based help App with API interface for Devs allowing for a better help file experience.
- FarmAid - Saket1472
Application to increase land productivity
- Obesity tracking Beta - rajin kp
Track Obesity and Help to reduce
- Animal Picture Recognition - AniPicRec - patwag
You will receive additional benefit with this app by using it mobile with your smartphone or tablet, but using it at home for working over your last adventures and discoveries makes also fun!
- Water Dance - ZHENG.YANG.POINTER
Let the water dance with music
- Centurion Linq - Intergrating eHealth Community Care - UmarSiddiqui
Help us help you improve community health
- Natural Resources Data Portal app - SG85
A windows 8 tablet app for querying and sampling Natural Resource (soils/water) data.
- Focus - Member 10228173
- Sketch2Ink - aj2art
Sketch2ink lets u learn the techniques of sktching and drawing any thing you want to draw.
- GSpeak(Graphical Speak) - Reddy Manohar
Code generation through voice.
- All-In-One 3D Chess - Nitin_Jain
An advanced version of Chess Game for Touch Enabled Windows 8 Devices
- Time Tracker - Biju Joseph Jacob
Never wake up on a Monday morning again wondering where the last 48 hours went!
New Tips and Tricks added
- C# Knob Control - tito007
Simple knob control for industrial or audio applications
Tips and Tricks updated
- Create Multi-language ASP.NET Website - Ahmed Alaa El-Din
Useful and simple tutorial to create multi-language ASP.NET website. Following these steps, you will be able to create a good user interface multi-language website with 4 main steps.
- C# USB HID Interface - Szymon Roslowski
Just another approach to understanding communication between HID devices and C#.
New Technical Blogs added
- Accepting File Uploads - Deepa Katiyar
The FileUpload control enables users to upload files to your web application, after Uploading you can store the file either on the file system or in a database. Properties of FileUpload Control Enabled : Enables you to disable the FileUpload control. FileBytes: Enables you to get the uploa
- Writing your first jQuery Mobile app - Part 1 - jQuery By Example
In this post, You will learn a guide to start with jQuery Mobile and making your first application using jQuery Mobile. This post mainly focus on basics of jQuery mobile and provide a path to start with jQuery Mobile.Before we begin, its important to know "What is jQuery Mobile"? Well, jQuery mobile
- Create Multiple jQuery Mobile Pages and Link them - Part 2 - jQuery By Example
In my previous post about Writing your first jQuery Mobile app - Part 1, I have explained about creating single page, changing themes and creating navigation button. And in this post, we will see more about pages, creating single page template and multiple page template.What are "Pages"?A Page in jQ
Technical Blogs updated
- ADO.NET, the right way - jgauffin
This post will teach you everything from making your ADO.NET code driver independent to how to implement the repository pattern and unit of work.
© 2013 The Code Project. All rights reserved.
This email was sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To stop receiving The Code Project Insider News click here.
The Code Project
503-250 Ferrand Drive, Toronto Ontario, M3C 3G8 Canada
+1 416-849-8900 x 100
Please do not reply directly to this email. It was sent from an unattended
mailbox. For correspondence please use email@example.com