130 articles this week.
Welcome to this week's newsletter from The Code Project.
To ensure that future newsletters you receive from The Code Project
aren't mistakenly blocked by antispam software, be sure to add the maillist.codeproject.com domain to your list of
Would you like a chance to win $25,000?
We figured the answer was probably "sure - why not", so we're very excited about our
Android at Play: Android Game App Contest. This Intel sponsored contest runs for four months, from July 6th 2012 and ends November 6th 2012. There will be four prizes (one each month) of $1000 cash prizes, and a grand prize of a $25,000 cash. All you need to do is create a new, NDK-based Android game app for Intel architecture based devices, then write an article about it and you could win a $25,000 cash prize!
Don't worry - you don't actually need a device to write an app. The Android 4.0.4 emulator is here to help.
||How to Monetize Globally with a Simple REST API – Aug 15/12
Easily integrate over 100+ payment methods, subscriptions, and more in a single, simple integration. This technical demo will cover major features and functions, code snippets and the building blocks you’ll need to get started. Register today!
||Intel® AVX optimization: ‘Boosts performance by 1.24X’
Optimize your software for the Intel® Xeon processor E5 family, offering enhanced performance in floating point-intensive applications such as financial, scientific, and media production. Learn more
||Build Stunning Apps for iOS with ASP.NET – Aug.1/12
Join DevExpress' Mehul Harry as he demonstrates how to build iOS solutions without knowledge of XCode, explore the new templates and wizards built into 12.1 that simplify creating applications, and more. Register now!
||Download Cocktail: Get Your Drink On!
Build your business app-from the server to the screen-the easy way. Cocktail takes the pain out of building apps in Silverlight and WPF on a well architected, MVVM platform.
||Answers. Fast. 23,000+ technology books and videos
Get unlimited access to thousands of technology books & videos for 1 low monthly price. Get 15 days free access and 15% off Safari Books Online.
||.NET Code Generation is Here!
Publish your database to the Web, Cloud and SharePoint without programming. Simply point to an existing database and let Iron Speed Designer generate a feature-rich Web 2.0 interface that is easy to customize and ready to deploy. Download a Trial!
This week's survey: Which company has the most design "taste"?
Most popular new articles
23 Jul 2012 - 29 Jul 2012
130 articles overall. 56 new, 74 updated.
New articles added
- Solving ordinary differential equations with OpenCL in C++ - headmyshoulder, Denis Demidov
This article shows how ordinary differential equations can be solved with OpenCL. In detail it shows how odeint - a C++ library for ordinary differential equations - can be adapted to work with VexCL - a library for OpenCL. The resulting performance is studied on two examples.
- Sudoku using Microsoft solver foundation - unicorn2
An example for how to use Microsoft Solver Foundation on a constraint satisfaction problem
- My Photo Editor - Long Nguyen (xyz)
This is about how to make a simple sofware like photoshop using Visual Studio C++ and OpenCV
- Team Foundation Server 2012 RC – Install & Configure - kishore Gaddam
In this post, we will walk through the process of Installing & Configuring Team Foundation Server (TFS)2012 on a Windows 8 machine that has Visual Studio 2012. If you are using TFS 2010 for the Scrum Process , see the blog post @ http://kishore1021.wordpress.com/2010/08/02/scrum-process-for-software
- PVS.AVPlayer - Peter Vegter
MCI wrapper class library for .NET developers
- ASP .NET Plotter - Akram El Assas
- Code Project Member FAQ - The Code Project
This is an FAQ for all member related questions. It can be modified by any Silver member.
- CResizableDialog - Paolo Messina
A CDialog derived class to implement resizable dialogs with MFC
- Getting SASSy with CSS - Keith Barrow
This article describes the syntax of SASS through discussing the problems it tries to resolve
- Token Manager - VectorX
- A simple TextPrinter - Daniel Leykauf
A routine to print out text, images and lines (incl. complete text files).
- Access Control in Multi-Tenant Applications with Visual Guard - Novalys
As companies look for different ways to manage their IT needs, “Multi-tenant” and “SaaS” applications are becoming more and more common. However, they also pose unique challenges. We will look at security administration and user management in a multi-tenant application with Visual Guard.
- Time Management Tips for Developers - Alexander Fedorenko
There is a way to make life better. Really a few time management principles can bring success in our life and improve software and web development to really profitable and fascinating levels.
New Tips and Tricks added
- Show Threads in Source - Kamran Bilgrami
Find out which threads are running what line of code and how they may be related to other running threads
- Switching between filtered threads - Kamran Bilgrami
If you have too many threads and you are debugging only few threads at a given time, this
- A Switch Board Program - Abdul Quader Mamun
This article explains why a well organized pattern is required to develop a robust software application.
- SolidWidgets Grid - Jake Franta
The SolidWidgets UI framework includes a powerful Grid control that can be bound to a database table, and to cached memory.
Tips and Tricks updated
- Export Database to Excel, PDF, HTML, RTF, XML, etc. for ASP.NET without Automation - loveyou999
Export Database to Excel, PDF, HTML, RTF, XML, etc. for ASP.NET without Automation
- Good old & dirty printf() debugging in a non-console C/C++ application or DLL. - pasztorpisti
How to open a console in a non-console C/C++ application or dll and make printf/scanf work (stdin/stdout/stderr related functions).
- 3 High Efficient Solutions for Reading Excel Files via ASP.NET - loveyou999
Recently, I just summarized some solutions which I think are highly efficient for reading Excel files through ASP.NET. I am sharing it here and wish it's useful for all of you.
- Unity 2.0 Interception via Method Decoration in verbose code - KevonHoughton
Unity 2.0 Interception via Method Decoration in verbose code
New Technical Blogs added
- Interface segregation principle (ISP) - loki2302
The smaller an interface is, the better it is.
- Open/closed principle (OCP) - loki2302
Classes should be easy to extend and alter without changing their code.
- On SOLID - loki2302
In object-oriented design, there's a set of principles called SOLID, which describes the values one should "be in love with" to write object-oriented programs instead of class-oriented ones.
- Returning data and view from a single controller action - After2050
IntroductionIn ASP.NET MVC the controller is the component that receives requests from the client, performs some actions and returns results back to the client. The controller typically returns results as data or views. The ASP.NET MVC 4 beta comes with a new type of controller called ApiController
- Writing the first test for a Real System, Part II - Artem Smirnov
codeproject Guilt. That's what I've been feeling all these days.Ok, it's not that I spent the past month in a deep depression. I should confess that I'm not that kind of guy. But naming a post "blah blah part I" is kinda making a commitment. And the longer I kept postponing writing the second pa
- Basics of Single Sign on (SSO) - PratapReddyP
SSO: Single sign-on (SSO)is a session/user authentication process that permits a user to enter one name and password in order to access multiple applications.
- Send a private client certificate (p12) in HTTP Post - Shabbir Lathsaheb
I was developing an application to post xml data to a URL (REST call) using asp.net and C#. The endpoint was hosted with a third party vendor and they had a much secured hosting environment. Their endpoints were https and they installed and generated the private client certificate (a password protec
- Through Thick and Thin: The Case for Thin Client Computing - Dynms
Thin clients, where applicable, can significantly reduce the administrative overhead required to maintain user hardware and software, while also reducing energy consumption.
- Unit Testing using NUnit and Rhino Mocks - After2050
The smallest piece of a software that can be testable is called as a Unit. In Object Oriented Programming languages like C# each class is called as a Unit. Testing each such unit independent of others is called as Unit-Testing. Unit Testing is very important in Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Liskov substitution principle (LSP) - loki2302
Liskov substitution principle (LSP)
- Calling a method in C# asynchronously using delegates - Shabbir Lathsaheb
Another useful feature of delegates is the ability to execute a method asynchronously. That is, through a delegate, you can begin invocation of a method and then return immediately while the delegate executes its method in a separate thread. Your page execution does not need to wait for that method
- Delegates & Events - PratapReddyP
In this post, we will go back to basics of C# concepts. From the time when i am new to .Net development till today, one of the first five C# questions is" What is a Delegate? What is an Event? What are the Differences? "
- Basics of SAML - PratapReddyP
Before jumping into practical implementation of SSO, lets know the basics of SAML.
- How to implement “Infinite Scroll” in web application? - rajendran_sp
CodeProjectIn this blog post, I am going the demonstrate the steps involved in implementing “Infinite Scroll” in web application for loading images just like in Bing and Google image search.Infinite Scroll – Infinite scroll has been called auto paganize/endless pages. But essentially it is pr
- Fluent Interface to Simplify an API - ozkar garcia
The mail goal of an API is to facilitate the use of commands and attributes to achieve certain functionality. Over time, an API may have evolved and become somewhat obscure on its usage which reduces its usability and increases the implementation time.
- WCF - Top 10 Interview Questions - Imran Abdul Ghani
1. What is the difference between WCF and ASMX Web Services?Simple and basic difference is that ASMX or ASP.NET web service is designed to send and receive messages using SOAP over HTTP only. While WCF can exchange messages using any format (SOAP is default) over any transport protocol (HTTP, TCP/IP
- Dependency Injection in WCF using Castle Windsor - After2050
Dependency Injection in WCF using Castle Windsor.
Technical Blogs updated
- Implementing & Consuming ASP.NET WEB API from JQuery (MVC 4) - PratapReddyP
CodeProjectIn this post we will see how to create a our own WEB API service and will consume it in client using JQuery.This is the UI i am planning to create, which in-turn talk to a ASP.NET WEB API Service for rendering data. We need to create a API Service and an Application consuming it.Lets do i
- To do or to doer.go()? - loki2302
One of the most important things about Java is their "as is" approach to "everything is an object" concept.
- Merge in SQL 2008 - PratapReddyP
Many a times we came across situation to merge records between two tables.
- Pex & Moles - Testing business layer - Jan Fajfr
Pex is a tool which helps generate inputs for unit test. Moles is a stub framework used to isolate the unit tests from code which is not being tested. In this post I will try to describe an attempt to use Pex and Moles to test a typical business layer.
- MVC DI & Unity with Lifetime Manager - PratapReddyP
CodeProjectIn this post we will see 2 important things.1. Using Unity Dependency Resolver2. What is Lifetime manager and its significance.Step 1: Create a regular MVC web application. create a new separate class library project. Add a two new interfaces and their concrete classes.Step 2: Now, as per
- ASP.NET WEB API Basics (MVC 4) - PratapReddyP
CodeProjectIn earlier post we read about how WEB API evolved and what are the features that made it as one of the best frameworks to build or consume HTTP Services. While going through the post, keep one thing in mind that WEB API is REST Complaint, so it typically consists of Get(),Put(),Post(),Del
- Google Page Preview & Google API in MVC Razor - PratapReddyP
Isn't this different from Google home page. Yes it is. This is my custom MVC Razor search page, which i have created with full features of Asynchronous data retrieval, displaying Page Preview
© 2012 The Code Project. All rights reserved.
This email was sent to email@example.com.
To stop receiving The Code Project Insider News click here.
The Code Project
503-250 Ferrand Drive, Toronto Ontario, M3C 3G8 Canada
+1 416-849-8900 x 100
Please do not reply directly to this email. It was sent from an unattended
mailbox. For correspondence please use firstname.lastname@example.org