Comments by g77777 (Top 9 by date)

g77777 27-Jan-14 14:27pm View

thanks again, I will check although in that case the problem was supposed to be found in different times in correlation with IE9 installation, wasn't it?
g77777 27-Jan-14 14:18pm View

Thanks a lot but I am not sure I follow you - sorry, the web is not my field - I have Internet Explorer 8, I doubt if my boss has an older version...or maybe I misunderstood?
g77777 19-Sep-13 6:18am View

Thank you Bernard for this answer and also the previous one - it led me to same conclusion that you just wrote that the problem lays in the web service issue. So now I hope you forgive me for my ignorance (and "laziness" - as I have already spent so much time on this) - how do I make it a com class? is it my job or the web service owner's job? maybe I can write a com class client that inherits the original TouristVisitClient?
g77777 19-Sep-13 3:20am View

THanks for your comments. I get the error on creating the object(set obj = new wcf_reader.ComClass1) - before I call any of the functions. Anyway this is comclass1:
Public Class ComClass1

#Region "COM GUIDs"
' These GUIDs provide the COM identity for this class
' and its COM interfaces. If you change them, existing
' clients will no longer be able to access the class.
Public Const ClassId As String = "6ee7814e-c751-4cf2-ad57-1803100418a1"
Public Const InterfaceId As String = "0d94e1ff-c5f4-4249-8755-718d74d292f1"
Public Const EventsId As String = "f2d74c03-d599-4f31-b650-95a46b8c7195"
#End Region

' A creatable COM class must have a Public Sub New()
' with no parameters, otherwise, the class will not be
' registered in the COM registry and cannot be created
' via CreateObject.

Public client As ServiceReference3.TouristVisitClient
Private returnString() As String

Public Sub New()
MyBase.New()
client = New ServiceReference3.TouristVisitClient

End Sub

Public Function my_get_tayarByBarCode(ByVal barCode As String) As String

' some code here

Public Function my_update_BikurTayar_Inbal(ByVal bar_code As String, ByVal branch As Integer, ByVal cash_reg As Long, ByVal transID As Long, ByVal sup_number As String) As String
' some code here

Public Function my_get_tayarByPassport(ByVal country As String, ByVal pass_number As String) As String

' some code here

Public Sub DisplayAll(ByVal Someobject As Object)
' some code here

thanks again
g77777 22-Jun-13 1:47am View

Thanks for the answer. It is irrelevant for my case as I'm supposed to get the string directly from a website. (I am writing a web service) The file thing is just for the debugging.
g77777 20-Jun-13 17:35pm View

it almost worked...using " byttemp(i) = CByte(Asc(str(i)))" in vb.net managed to get all of the original string but with an additional character which was translated as '?' so MySql didn't like it and rejected my string...any suggestions (BTW AscW caused overflow)
g77777 20-Jun-13 12:01pm View

thanks for answering. I don't get anything readable just gibrish, just a bunch of characters while the original string was letters.
g77777 31-May-13 4:18am View

Sergey, your "answer" doesn't contribute anything to anyone except maybe your ego. This is a forum for people who want to help people not to take out aggression and frustration from life so spare us your "deep insights" and get some help.
g77777 31-May-13 4:15am View

Thanks a lot mate, If I understood you well my problem still remains - if I want to call the function with just intParm3? with intParm3 and strParm1? etc. Am I missing something?