Click here to Skip to main content
14,930,487 members

Comments by Member 12061698 (Top 12 by date)

Member 12061698 6-Jun-19 15:19pm View
   
Deleted
OK, Here's the XAML for the error above (The error is on the line <viewmodels:notificationviewmodel> in the <usercontrol.datacontext> tag.

<usercontrol x:class="FieldReport.Infrastructure.Views.NotificationView"
="" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation" xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml" xmlns:viewmodels="clr-namespace:FieldReport.Infrastructure.ViewModels" xmlns:mc="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/markup-compatibility/2006" xmlns:d="http://schemas.microsoft.com/expression/blend/2008" mc:ignorable="d" d:designheight="150" d:designwidth="350">
<usercontrol.datacontext>
<viewmodels:notificationviewmodel>

<grid>
<grid.rowdefinitions>
<rowdefinition height="Auto">
<rowdefinition height="Auto">

<wrappanel grid.row="0" horizontalalignment="Center" margin="10">

<textbox isreadonly="True" borderthickness="0" name="MessageTextBlock" verticalalignment="Center" text="{Binding Notification.Content}">

<stackpanel grid.row="1" orientation="Horizontal" horizontalalignment="Center" margin="10">
OK


Member 12061698 6-Jun-19 13:54pm View
   
The error list does point out the module affected. Here's an example:
The tag 'TreeViewSelectedItemBlendBehavior' does not exist in XML namespace 'clr-namespace:FieldReport.Infrastructure.Behaviors;assembly=FieldReport.Infrastructure'. C:\FieldReport\Field Report\Main\Source\FieldReport\Source\FieldReport.Desktop\Views\ApprovalFoldersView.xaml 24 18 FieldReport.Desktop

The problem is that the tag IS in that namespace. The tag 'TreeViewSelectedItemBlendBehavior' IS in XML namespace 'clr-namespace:FieldReport.Infrastructure.Behaviors. Visual Studio just doesn't seem to be able to see it.
Member 12061698 6-Jun-19 12:30pm View
   
It does, but the reference actually is in that file. How can VS not find an object that is in the file. (I'm sorry that I neglected to mention this in the question. I'll edit it now.)
Member 12061698 29-Mar-19 13:52pm View
   
I asked for an answer to a problem, not an editorial opinion. If that's the best you can do, you're not helpful at all. And you're supposed to be a top expert? That kind of 'expert' help is the kind I don't need.
Member 12061698 13-Mar-19 16:30pm View
   
Deleted
I'm new to C# and WPF. The subscription token is for getting the data from the object where the data base response lands.
Member 12061698 13-Mar-19 16:29pm View
   
I'm new to C# and WPF. The subscription token is for getting the data from the object where the data base response lands.
Member 12061698 11-Feb-19 16:35pm View
   
I may have stumbled on a way past the problem. Here's the Serialization/Deserialization:

XmlSerializer xmlSerializer = new XmlSerializer(typeof(Incident), new XmlRootAttribute { ElementName = "IncidentGet" });
System.IO.TextReader textReader = new System.IO.StringReader(dataXml);

incident = (Incident)xmlSerializer.Deserialize(textReader);

When I took out the XmlRootAttribute parameter for the serializer, the process worked.

XmlSerializer xmlSerializer = new XmlSerializer(typeof(Incident));
System.IO.TextReader textReader = new System.IO.StringReader(dataXml);

incident = (Incident)xmlSerializer.Deserialize(textReader);

I still don't understand exactly what was wrong.
Member 12061698 11-Feb-19 14:21pm View
   
This is the beginning of the class. The web page won't let me post the full version. I'm wondering if I need to add an attached property like
[Serializable, XmlRoot("Incident")] to the class. ( I tried it and it DIDN'T work).

public class Incident : DomainObject
{
#region Incident Number
private string incidentNumber;
[XmlElement(ElementName = "IncidentNum")]
.
.
.
objects and methods
.
.
.
}
Member 12061698 11-Feb-19 13:11pm View
   
That's a cut-and-paste error on my part. Just assume it's there. I was trying to give a shortened version that would fit in the space allowed. The XML in the program is correct.
Member 12061698 11-Feb-19 12:53pm View
   
The site wouldn't let me paste the entire XML. I'm just trying to figure out what
"Additional information: <Incident xmlns=''> was not expected." means. With a web site this uncooperative, it's no wonder I'm having trouble finding an answer.
Member 12061698 11-Feb-19 12:03pm View
   
Deleted
--content has been removed--
[EditedBy]Maciej Los[/EditedBy]
Member 12061698 11-Feb-19 12:01pm View
   
Deleted
--content has been removed--
[EditedBy]Maciej Los[/EditedBy]