Comments by adityarao31 (Top 89 by date)

adityarao31 5-May-20 4:03am View

szFullConnect I have defined as SQLCHAR only
adityarao31 4-May-20 4:12am View

Actually connection string returned by function is used to connect database
adityarao31 16-Jan-19 6:30am View

adityarao31 15-Nov-17 3:24am View

My manager has asked me in which technologies can it be implemented and How ?
adityarao31 14-Nov-15 3:04am View

I got hint from your question ,its true I dont need ROW_NUMBER in first place I feel customising my function is only fastest solution
adityarao31 14-Nov-15 1:33am View

We fill listctrl through query with custom function FillListCtrl which is common function throughout application. For a particular list ctrl I cannot use separate function.
adityarao31 13-Apr-15 7:48am View

This is not the solution for problem
adityarao31 13-Apr-15 5:15am View

I cannot attach image here but I can create multilanguage string table by Insert Copy.I can create multilanguage toolbar similarly.
I can use that string table.Cann anyone explain how to use that toolbar
adityarao31 25-Mar-13 1:57am View

Actually when tested I seen scroll bars on smaller screen ,but it is not acceptable,application has to be displayed as it is displayed on big screen.
adityarao31 23-Mar-13 13:07pm View

Its not possible to fit all contents on smaller screen,there are tabs on view and there are classses for dialogs.Making it smaller means almost like recreating it which is not possible
adityarao31 14-Feb-13 3:45am View

Thank you very much for your time and effort
adityarao31 14-Feb-13 3:25am View

Actually i got the problem.In my code some times I require to delete graph,but that tine graph is not existing so I kept condition OF IsWindow,but it seems is window crashes
I dont know how to fix problem? or I have to keep track by boolean variable like
IsGraphExist. Is there any other way I can know If graph view exist.
adityarao31 14-Feb-13 3:25am View

IsGraphExist. Is there any other way I can know If graph view exist.
adityarao31 14-Feb-13 2:22am View

Clear button is placed on parent button in ehich above code is written.
Requirement of application is to remove total graphview on clear button.
Is there any function like clearwindow?
adityarao31 13-Feb-13 13:03pm View

But I require to clear graph
adityarao31 13-Feb-13 9:34am View

If I remove these two line code works absolutely fine in release mode also
adityarao31 25-Jan-13 7:37am View

Its not debug assertion. Break and continue error
adityarao31 10-Jan-13 22:58pm View

Very Sorry But I did not able to find out How to find server name from MFC using this articles
adityarao31 4-Jan-13 7:08am View

All the supported date time by windows
adityarao31 2-Jan-13 4:54am View

Dear Friend your answer seems not to be correct as Print Dialog also does not appear after calling OnFilePrint
adityarao31 18-Dec-12 22:49pm View

Actually Problem was that ch[4] = 0x00; was causing CString to terminate.So I changed Protocol And Remove The Need Of 0x00 and passed other value
adityarao31 29-Nov-12 6:59am View

Great Man Thank you very much I was struggling for it for so much time
adityarao31 16-Nov-12 23:22pm View

adityarao31 16-Nov-12 23:22pm View

adityarao31 8-Oct-12 3:39am View

Actually both of these links were not useful
adityarao31 3-Oct-12 21:36pm View

Yah i also run on xp ss release build.my developement is done on xp machine. But i am on release 7 of my project. Earlier 6 releases never got such problem
adityarao31 3-Oct-12 9:50am View

On xp dialog is opening properly and everything is fine on windows 7.0 i am running release build in which dialog is not opening
adityarao31 19-Sep-12 10:32am View

Perhaps what you say Is Right,but I feel Visual Studio 2010 is not so stable version
adityarao31 19-Sep-12 7:42am View

My Friend I want to hide button in onc case,show it in another case.RemoveButton works fine,but InsertButton is private function so we cannot use it,So If I use this method how can I show Button again
adityarao31 19-Sep-12 7:34am View

Yah your suggestion is good ,but I am sure code is inserted at a place and unless
click event is raised it is not getting called,this is something very strange,I am running application and finding that button is not there
adityarao31 17-Sep-12 13:20pm View

Ok it was very nice talking with you,I really think you have answered my question very well
adityarao31 17-Sep-12 13:19pm View

adityarao31 17-Sep-12 13:14pm View

Yah its much better solution ,than creating intermediate class,Isn't it?
I liked it more.
adityarao31 17-Sep-12 13:06pm View

Yah that I need to check in office Tomorrow,but will you please brief me,After selecting which options views become dynamic ?
adityarao31 17-Sep-12 13:00pm View

Yah thats the way,
adityarao31 17-Sep-12 12:54pm View

If that is the case then I need to do rework of deleting existing classes and adding new ones.yah I have to do it,Thanks Friend
adityarao31 17-Sep-12 12:45pm View

Yah,that means I have to add GetType Function to all Derived Views,yah thats nice idea. Thank you once more.
adityarao31 17-Sep-12 12:29pm View

No comment
adityarao31 17-Sep-12 12:19pm View

One more doubt I have Five CFormView derived classes linked with single document
How I can know which view is currently opened,as Code above just seems to give CFormView pointer, How can I find which one is open ?
adityarao31 17-Sep-12 12:14pm View

Yes It is perfectly good solution,Thank you very much.
adityarao31 17-Sep-12 12:11pm View

Yah it seems to be very nice solution , I will surely try it Tomorrow
adityarao31 17-Sep-12 12:05pm View

Dear Sir, I have One Doc class ,but five templates with Five CFormView classes,In that case outer loop is applicable so CFormView *pFView = pDoc->GetNextView(posView); sentence I will write,I will get CFormView class pointer,but how I will know that Is it already Opened or not ?
adityarao31 14-Sep-12 10:37am View

But what is this handler project
adityarao31 1-Sep-12 2:05am View

Yah It seems to be very useful
adityarao31 31-Aug-12 0:19am View

I want to use ODBC method .I have written following code in InitInstance Of my
Dialog based application ,but it does not work. Will you please tell me What Code should I write ?
BOOL CTestDBApp::InitInstance()
-----------~~~----------------
SQLHSTMT hs;
SQLPrepare(hs,(SQLWCHAR*)("RESTORE DATABASE Trial FROM DISK = 'D:\\Trial.bak' WITH FILE = 1"), SQL_NTS);
SQLExecute(hs);
----------~~~~---------
adityarao31 30-Aug-12 8:08am View

But it is C# friend ,VC++ MFC is unmanaged application in VC++ 2010 Professional.
Will you please give example for it.
adityarao31 30-Aug-12 8:05am View

How to execute that command from VC++ MFC is the main question ?
I found one command SQLExecute ,but unabble to use it
adityarao31 9-Aug-12 2:29am View

Yes I am not capable to handle automatic click
adityarao31 9-Aug-12 1:52am View

This approach worked in this case,But is there any way to send a click on particular item of List Control.
adityarao31 8-Aug-12 23:31pm View

There is some twist in the story,there are some other search buttons on the dialog which if pressed by user they update list in first list cintrol.so there is also requirement that every time list in first list control is updated by default first item must get clicked.
adityarao31 8-Aug-12 13:15pm View

Thanks for your help, tomorrow i will try this approach good night
adityarao31 8-Aug-12 12:47pm View

Yah your solution is good but it will be very painfull because same listcontrol is used for multiple purposes,also it is requirement put forwarded that, for user, to understand that which patient details are these first item must be looked as selected
adityarao31 8-Aug-12 12:37pm View

See i want to click listctrl programatically instead of user.
adityarao31 8-Aug-12 12:28pm View

adityarao31 8-Aug-12 11:53am View

Thats what by default click must be on first patient
adityarao31 8-Aug-12 10:33am View

That can be known only runtime
adityarao31 8-Aug-12 10:30am View

Thank you very much for telling me that I was totally unaware of the fact
adityarao31 8-Aug-12 10:27am View

i am very sorry for capital letters
adityarao31 8-Aug-12 8:11am View

ALSO THERE ARE DIFFERENT SEARCH CRITERIAS SO THE PATIENT IS NOT FIXED
adityarao31 8-Aug-12 8:10am View

THERE IS ONE LIST CONTROL IN WHICH PATIENT NAMES ARE DISPLAYED,AFTER CLICKING PARTICULAR PATIENT DETAILS OF THAT PATIENT ARE FILLED UP IN SECOND LIST BOX.
NOW REQUIREMENT IS SUCH THAT AS SOON AS DIALOG IS DISPLAYED (LIST CONTROL GETS FILLED UP) FIRST PATIENT GETS CLICKED AND DETAILS GET FILLED
adityarao31 3-Jul-12 1:05am View

I think I am not successful in telling the problem I am facing,I am not having problem with CDaoRecordset class,I am getting error in wizard While adding MFC class which is inherited from CDaoRecordset in Add class wizard.
adityarao31 2-Jul-12 2:17am View

I also want to learn how to use CDAORecordset,and not CDAORecordView
adityarao31 2-Jul-12 2:11am View

I have seen that link ,but initial connection steps are not explained and I am
getting error there only,please help
adityarao31 30-Jun-12 5:17am View

Its ok I agree listctrl is far better,I agree multicolumn of list box designs only one item in multiple columns,but how to adjust spacing bertween them
adityarao31 30-Jun-12 1:10am View

when I tried to use vector it gives following error

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'vector.h': No such file or directory
I also tried including #include <vector> or #include<vector.h>
adityarao31 30-Jun-12 0:05am View

Does I have add reference any library's for using STL in VC++ ?
adityarao31 20-Jun-12 23:55pm View

Will you please Tell me what is going wrong in my code ?
adityarao31 5-Apr-12 6:17am View

I included dllData.c,& then compiled the code (after setting option Not using precompiled header but then I get errors as follows...

Generating Code...
Compiling...
dlldata.c
Generating Code...
Linking...
dlldata.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _SECONDS_ProxyFileInfo
dlldata.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__NdrDllGetClassObject@24
dlldata.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__NdrDllCanUnloadNow@4
dlldata.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _NdrCStdStubBuffer_Release@8
dlldata.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _NdrCStdStubBuffer2_Release@8
Debug/SECONDS.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 5 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.
adityarao31 4-Apr-12 11:20am View

Thank you very much for your time & effort
adityarao31 4-Apr-12 11:17am View

I removed the UpdateBAtch,and didnot put Update,but the things worked.
There is no error and data is also properly getting deleted.
adityarao31 4-Apr-12 7:04am View

Yes it seems to be problem of cursor and locking mode when I assigned
cursor adOpenDynamic OR adOpenStatic and lock adLockOptimistic the data gets deleted but it also throws following error

"COM Error
Source: Microsoft OfficeAccess Database Engine
Description : Multiple- step OLEDB operation generated errors, Check each OLEDB status value,if available.No work was done
code: 0x80040E21
adityarao31 4-Apr-12 5:54am View

nmake when I used from run command box it simply does nothing.
VC++ wizard gives following error at build
NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'dlldata.obj'
Stop.
adityarao31 3-Apr-12 8:00am View

I googled with this information,but didnot find any thing helpful please help.
adityarao31 3-Apr-12 7:50am View

COM Error
Source: ADODB.Recordset
Description: Current Recordset does not support updating.This may be a limitation of the provider or of selected locktype.Code: 0X800a0CB3
adityarao31 2-Apr-12 6:57am View

Both hresults are returning success,Com error occurs at in Delete function,
I tested that query is successful
The code i tetsted like below,while debugging I found in delete function error occurs,but it is not tracable
ADODB::_ConnectionPtr pConnect("ADODB.Connection");
hResult = pConnect->Open( bstrConnect, "admin", "", ADODB::adConnectUnspecified );
if (SUCCEEDED(hResult))

_bstr_t query = "SELECT * FROM Table1 WHERE EmpId = 1;";
ADODB::_RecordsetPtr pRecSet( "ADODB.Recordset" );
hResult = pRecSet->Open( query, _variant_t((IDispatch *) pConnect, true), ADODB::adOpenUnspecified,ADODB::adLockUnspecified, ADODB::adCmdText);
if( SUCCEEDED( hResult ))
ADODB::Fields* pFields = NULL;
hResult = pRecSet->get_Fields( &pFields );
long l = 1;
_bstr_t csname = _bstr_t(pFields->GetItem(l)->GetValue());
CString scname = (LPCTSTR)csname;
MessageBox(scname.GetBuffer(scname.GetLength()),_T(""),MB_OK);
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
pRecSet->Delete(ADODB::adAffectCurrent);

CoUninitialize();
adityarao31 2-Apr-12 6:55am View

Both hresults are returning success,Com error occurs at in Delete function,
I tested that query is successful
ADODB::_ConnectionPtr pConnect("ADODB.Connection");
if (SUCCEEDED(hResult))

_bstr_t query = "SELECT * FROM Table1 WHERE EmpId = 1;";// + (_bstr_t)nof ;//+ "'";
CString temp = (LPCTSTR)query;
MessageBox(temp.GetBuffer(temp.GetLength()),_T(""),MB_OK);
ADODB::_RecordsetPtr pRecSet( "ADODB.Recordset" );
if( SUCCEEDED( hResult ))
ADODB::Fields* pFields = NULL;
pConnect->Close();
catch( _com_error& e )
// Handle Exception

// Release COM
CoUninitialize();
adityarao31 2-Apr-12 6:40am View

Does ActiveX control - Microsoft ADO Data Control is available for VC++ 2010?
if yes how to get it,it does not get installed with VS 2010 professional edition
adityarao31 31-Mar-12 3:29am View

Yes it worked correctly both in VC 6.0 and VC++ 2010,Thanks a lot.Thank you very much.
adityarao31 30-Mar-12 10:14am View

I tried the code exactly works nice in VC 6.0 now I will try again on VS 2010
adityarao31 30-Mar-12 3:40am View

error C2653: 'ADODB' : is not a class or namespace name
1>c:\vcprograms\other trials\database2\database2\database2dlg.cpp(173): error C2065: '_ConnectionPtr' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\vcprograms\other trials\database2\database2\database2dlg.cpp(173): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'pConnect'
1>c:\vcprograms\other trials\database2\database2\database2dlg.cpp(173): error C3861: 'pConnect': identifier not found
1>c:\vcprograms\other trials\database2\database2\database2dlg.cpp(174): error C2065: 'pConnect' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\vcprograms\other trials\database2\database2\database2dlg.cpp(174): error C2227: left of '->Open' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
1> type is ''unknown-type''
1>c:\vcprograms\other trials\database2\database2\database2dlg.cpp(174): error C2653: 'ADODB' : is not a class or namespace name
1>c:\vcprograms\other trials\database2\database2\database2dlg.cpp(174): error C2065: 'adConnectUnspecified' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\vcprograms\other trials\database2\database2\database2dlg.cpp(178): error C2653: 'ADODB' : is not a class or namespace name
1>c:\vcprograms\other trials\database2\database2\database2dlg.cpp(178): error C2065: '_RecordsetPtr' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\vcprograms\other trials\database2\database2\database2dlg.cpp(178): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'pRecSet'
1>c:\vcprograms\other trials\database2\database2\database2dlg.cpp(178): error C3861: 'pRecSet': identifier not found
1>c:\vcprograms\other trials\database2\database2\database2dlg.cpp(179): error C2065: 'pRecSet' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\vcprograms\other trials\database2\database2\database2dlg.cpp(179): error C2227: left of '->Open' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
1> type is ''unknown-type''
1>c:\vcprograms\other trials\database2\database2\database2dlg.cpp(179): error C2065: 'pConnect' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\vcprograms\other trials\database2\database2\database2dlg.cpp(179): error C2653: 'ADODB' : is not a class or namespace name
1>c:\vcprograms\other trials\database2\database2\database2dlg.cpp(179): error C2065: 'adOpenUnspecified' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\vcprograms\other trials\database2\database2\database2dlg.cpp(180): error C2653: 'ADODB' : is not a class or namespace name
1>c:\vcprograms\other trials\database2\database2\database2dlg.cpp(180): error C2065: 'adLockUnspecified' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\vcprograms\other trials\database2\database2\database2dlg.cpp(180): error C2065: 'adCmdText' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\vcprograms\other trials\database2\database2\database2dlg.cpp(183): error C2653: 'ADODB' : is not a class or namespace name
1>c:\vcprograms\other trials\database2\database2\database2dlg.cpp(183): error C2065: 'Fields' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\vcprograms\other trials\database2\database2\database2dlg.cpp(183): error C2065: 'pFields' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\vcprograms\other trials\database2\database2\database2dlg.cpp(184): error C2065: 'pRecSet' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\vcprograms\other trials\database2\database2\database2dlg.cpp(184): error C2227: left of '->get_Fields' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
1> type is ''unknown-type''
1>c:\vcprograms\other trials\database2\database2\database2dlg.cpp(184): error C2065: 'pFields' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\vcprograms\other trials\database2\database2\database2dlg.cpp(186): error C2065: 'pRecSet' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\vcprograms\other trials\database2\database2\database2dlg.cpp(186): error C2227: left of '->AdoNSEOF' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
adityarao31 30-Mar-12 3:32am View

Actually i tried the code in MFC but got many errors
adityarao31 30-Mar-12 3:31am View

Actually I tried to vote but after pressing first star i was unable to press next stars
adityarao31 30-Mar-12 3:17am View

I have gone through your code it seems it is for turbo C++ or for C++ CLI but I am an MFC programmer ,will you please tell me How it could be done in MFC
adityarao31 29-Mar-12 8:52am View

Thank you very much for your reply I will use ADO
adityarao31 20-Mar-12 5:16am View

Thanks for your reply?only question How did you found these articles ?
adityarao31 19-Mar-12 0:27am View

Yes you were absolutely right,local declaration of CImageList was causing a problem.That problem is resolved ,but I am still thinking how to use TabControl,do you have any sample or example?
adityarao31 16-Mar-12 2:06am View

This article does not show how to use hotkey control
adityarao31 2-Dec-11 12:00pm View

Then why anything like this is not mentioned at Microsoft store or documnetation
adityarao31 2-Dec-11 11:02am View

Does Based on this MSDN pages Can I purchase Visual Studio 2010 Professional version from Micosoft store ,its costly thing ,how to purchase without proof