I am a newbie to .NET, recently I installed .NET. I could not debug using breakpoints, breakpoints are not getting hit, but the application is working fine with out any issue.
If I press F5 or Start Application is working fine. “Start without debugging” is also working fine. But the breakpoints are not getting hit by the process. I am not getting any error.
It would be grateful if you give me a solution for this issue.
I created a sample web (ASP.NET -default , no extra projects/modules) application and put a breakpoint in the page load event and executed but still break points are not hit.
I have given my settings below...
===================================================================== IN VS.NET ===================================================================== 1. Web.config debug=true
2. Solution Configuration = Debug Solution--> Properties--> Common Properties-->Debug Symbol Files -- --Is blank - Is it OK?
3. Project--> Properties--> Configuration--> Build--> Generate Debugging ----Information is checked
4. Project-->Properties-->Configuration--> Debug--> ASP.NET debugging ----True
5. Breakpoints are available in the breakpoint window (I just checked in run mode via Debug-->Windows-->Breakpoints)
6. I tried to attach manually I got the following error • Very first time there was nothing selected in the “choose the program type that you want to debug:” dialog • I have selected “Common language Runtime” and clicked “Ok” • I got this error "Unable to attach to the process" • But next time I opened the same dialog, “Common language runtime” has been selected but I got the same error while clicking “Ok”
7. Auto attach - ASPNET_WP.exe If I start the application, I could see the auto-attach status in the output window.
8. PDB – File is available, I can see the .pdb file in the bin folder
9. User and PC details • Windows XP + SP2 • IIS 5.1 • Login as local administer • This user is part of “Debugger Programmers”
10. I have IIS and SQL server in same PC.
===================================================================== In IIS =====================================================================
1. IIS--> Application-->Configuration--> Debugging-->Enable ASP Server side debugging----- is checked
2. IIS--> Application-->Directory Security--> Enable anonymous and integrated windows authentication are both checked
It would be grateful if you give any idea. Many thanks.
-- modified at 8:38 Tuesday 2nd May, 2006
Last Visit: 31-Dec-99 19:00 Last Update: 9-Dec-16 4:34