This article is for those who use a POS peripheral, like "Thermal printer", "Barcode scanner", etc...
Even if you will not have some mistakes on Local, you might have the error "Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow" when you publish to IIS Manager.
But don't panic and stop wasting your time, the solution is here!
Using the method
Solve "Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow"
- Open your IIS Manager.
- Go in your "Application Pools" section.
- Right click on your targeted framework.
- Click on "Advanced settings".
- Check the "Identity" is on NetworkService.
- Then change "Enable 32-bit applications" to true.
Reminder: Publish a Website
- Go in your "Sites" section.
- Click on "Add Website" button.
- Fill all fields (see picture).
We choose "4.5 Framework" but it depends of your targeted framework.
- Click on "OK".
- Then click on "Browse *:80 (http)" (if you did like the picture).