Click here to Skip to main content
15,307,363 members
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.
3.00/5 (2 votes)
See more:
I want to get the name of the browser in which the client has opened my web page.

When i use the Header: User-Agent to fetch information. I get the following---
For Google Crome i got this header --- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.16 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/10.0.634.0 Safari/534.16

For IE i got this--- Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)


I just simply wants to fetch the name of the client browser so that i can display it on my web page that "you are using so so browser".

Thanks......
Posted
Comments
   
My 5 for this Question: it makes sense and can be used to overcome lack of compatibility in browsers or cut out some functionality not supported by some browsers, implement fall-back behavior.
--SA

1 solution

Here[^] is an article that can help you.
   
Comments
Rahul_Patel 1-May-11 7:19am
   
The updated file still doesnt identify Google Crome.. It names it as Apple Safari.....
   
Rahul, nothing can help: any Browser can impersonate any other one. By some reasons, this is pretty usual: others of one Browser show "compatibility" with another one in this way...
--SA

d@anish gets my 5 for this answer.
--SA

This content, along with any associated source code and files, is licensed under The Code Project Open License (CPOL)



CodeProject, 20 Bay Street, 11th Floor Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2N8 +1 (416) 849-8900