Note: In my series of Angular2 article, I use free template at https://colorlib.com/polygon/gentelella/icons.html.
Hi TU, I Want to Learn Angular2, Where Should I Start From?
For learning Angular2, I think you should follow the list of articles as below (click on the links to see detail page):
- Overview: This will provide you an overview about Angular2 before you write your first code for your Angular2 application.
- Routing: This will help us understand how angular2 displays the page and passing parameters in-between.
- Data-binding: This will help us understand how to display data in UI and receive input data from user in angular app.
- Component & Directives: This will help you understand about creating reusable component in Angular2 and interaction between them.
- Component life-cycle: This will help us understand how to handle events of component during its life-time.
- DI & Injection: This help us understanding how to use DI & Inject that was provided in angular2.
What is Angular?
Angular is a nice framework for creating Single Page Application (SPA).
What is SPA?
It is a web application/website started from a single HTML page and loads appropriated resources dynamically.
Is SPA a Static Web Site?
In some view, we can say "yes". SPA application contains HTML, JS, CSS files and utilizes the feature of Ajax for getting other resources/sending request. For example: Information of user, or creating new record in database, ....
SPA also improves the interaction between the application and its user, performance.
Which Version of Angular Should I Learn?
For now, we have 2 versions of angular: 1.x and 2.x.
- Angular 1.x version was the old version and should not be used for new project, as it may be removed soon.
- Angular 2.x is a new version, it uses typescript for handling the logic of application. we should learn this version.
Why Should I Learn Angular for Building a SPA?
For creating SPA, there are a number of frameworks for us, such as: Angular, React, Durandal, ExtJs, Backbone.js, React, Ember.js, Meteor ...
Nowadays, Angular and React have become popular frameworks used for this purpose.
In this series of articles, we will focus on Angular only. There will be another series talking about React later.
Angular is an open source framework supported by Google and easy to get support from community.
When Should I Use Angular?
This is an enterprise framework that should be used for creating a complex web application.
In Angular2, it uses typescript for handling the logic of application. this also complements the power of Angular.
Do You Have the Same Code that I Can Use As Reference?
Yes, please download the code from https://github.com/techcoaching/angular2.
How Can I Run This Code?
Please follow the steps below to run the sample code:
- Check out the code to your local folder on your PC.
- Map this folder to your web-server (for example: http://localhost in IIS).
- Run "
npm install" from the above folder for installing npm packages used in the code.
- Run "
tsc", this will compile ts code into js. You may see some warning in "node_modules/**", please ignore it for now.
- From your browser, access "http://localhost", you will see the below screenshot.
I Think, This Article Gives Me An Overview about Angular and SPA, I'm Ready for the Next Article?
Ok, please continue with Routing part (the article may be under construction, please visit later if you cannot see it).
Thank you for reading.
Note: Please like and share with your friends if you think this is a useful article, I will really appreciate it.