Comments by Bryan Woodruff (Top 10 by date)

Bryan Woodruff 12-May-22 11:04am View

ok thank you
Bryan Woodruff 12-May-22 10:24am View

Hello I appreciate your time in trying to help me solve my problem. I changed my code to try "let" this time. I am still getting -3 for my the time it took to run the program. Also I am using bash. I might be explaining my problem badly, I dont normally post on here I usually try to figure it out myself.
Bryan Woodruff 12-May-22 10:22am View

Hey Richard I updated the code to what I have wrote in all. Sorry I dont normally post on here I usually try to figure it out myself. Also I am feeding it a command line input called ./lab10.sh 10
Bryan Woodruff 12-May-22 8:49am View

Hello Richard,
Sorry for not being more specific on my question, I am trying to access the elapsed variable inside the recur_fib() function so I can get the time it takes for the function to calculate. When I try to access it how I have it now "total_time=$(recur_fib $elapsed)" it gives me -3. Which can't be right since it I am looking for the time it took to complete which should be positive.

As to the line 20 error, line 20 is "[ $first_num -lt 2 ] && echo -n $first_num || echo -n $(( $( recur_fib $(( first_num - 1 )) ) + $( recur_fib $(( first_num - 2 )) ) ))"

Hopefully you can give some assistance to where I am going wrong. I also tried the export command inside the function but that didn't work.
Bryan Woodruff 11-Dec-21 17:24pm View

You're 100% Luc I should research more and I guess the past couple videos I have been watching in order to learn weren't the greatest Thank you for your time you we're really helpful. I have been trying to teach myself php and mysql for my final project and since the class I am in for school isn't the greatest. I dont know if you have any recommended resources but in the mean Ill try to find better ones. H
Bryan Woodruff 11-Dec-21 15:31pm View

THank you for the help I got it to work! first off I didn't put the '' around products.... Minor mistake on my part. I also changed $_POST["submit"] to just $_POST. Changing to just $_POST isn't bad practice correct?
Bryan Woodruff 11-Dec-21 15:29pm View

Bryan Woodruff 11-Dec-21 14:40pm View

For setting the submit field to something different I've watched multiple videos on this and it seems they all put : if(isset($_POST["Submit"])). What do you reccomend doing instead of that.
Bryan Woodruff 24-Nov-21 10:30am View

Also Richard , yes I have been reading about prepared statements Im still relatively new to this stuff
Bryan Woodruff 24-Nov-21 10:29am View

I got it working guys! Thank you all so much, I was blind and realized it was something simple. Also yes I didnt do the passrepeat or passhashing function yet I just wanted to get storing of the data done.