Comments by DotNetSteve (Top 22 by date)

DotNetSteve 3-Mar-16 7:37am View

The other posts are correct, look for SignalR
DotNetSteve 2-Mar-16 22:41pm View

Can you clarify? Do you want to notify the web client when an event occurs on the server or notify the server when event occurs on the web client?
DotNetSteve 26-Feb-16 22:27pm View

The following needs to be re-examined - What I have tried:

First the UserData class was opening the connection with a using clause. Removing this helped solving the 'connection already opened exclusively by an other user'-error but created the above descibed problem.

When you say that something is fixed by not doing something correct, you fail the 'smell' test. You need to re-examine this issue and correct the root cause.
DotNetSteve 26-Feb-16 22:18pm View

Does the site you are going to list the file by name and filesize? If so look for this rather than trying to download.
DotNetSteve 13-Feb-16 10:14am View

It seems as though you have two issues your trying to address. 1. How can I store a phone number to send a password to and 2. I want to decrypt the password and send it back via sms.

I personally would re-think sending a password. Your opening yourself up to an attack vector for stealing passwords. You should create a new password and force a password reset on login.
DotNetSteve 2-Jan-16 15:19pm View

I am pretty sure you will need to explain this more completely. If you can let us know what you have tried so far and what is still not working.
DotNetSteve 22-Dec-15 22:54pm View

Webforms, MVC? Multiple windows open at same time? Form with multiple submit buttons?

Generally need more information
DotNetSteve 22-Dec-15 22:44pm View

can you please explain this more clearly? - How do I use the individual constituents of a List in a View?
DotNetSteve 6-Dec-15 14:33pm View

sounds like you want a view model and a data model. These should exist in two separate classes.
DotNetSteve 6-Dec-15 14:31pm View

The way I am reading this, i don't think there is a problem. In the one case you are using the mouse and going directly to the item. With the keyboard you are stepping through each item and thus firing an even for each word you are stepping through. You could put some type of timer (like a debounce circuit) that only fires when the event timer finally fires.
DotNetSteve 6-Dec-15 14:27pm View

any error message from Google? Any issues with including the googlemaps javascript on page? Your key correct etc?
DotNetSteve 6-Dec-15 14:24pm View

Did you try including the namespace? You can either have like an include on the top or in the line of code. NameSpace.Resources
DotNetSteve 27-Nov-15 19:44pm View

This is a link for winform - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2463519/drop-shadow-in-winforms-controls
DotNetSteve 27-Nov-15 19:41pm View

in the ActionResult Menus() function, what it the purpose of assigning CreateVM to model. model is not subsequently used (not passed to view)

the first two lines of CreateVM doesn't look correct to me.
DotNetSteve 24-Nov-15 14:12pm View

OK, I found this but if it is true, doesn't seem to be a way to do it - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8636585/clickonce-unc-command-line
DotNetSteve 24-Nov-15 13:33pm View

Does this help? - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms172242(VS.80).aspx
DotNetSteve 24-Nov-15 11:11am View

Please see if this link helps - https://robindotnet.wordpress.com/2010/03/21/how-to-pass-arguments-to-an-offline-clickonce-application/
DotNetSteve 18-Nov-15 17:43pm View

Looks like it would get you past the not all paths return a value. I was going to suggest changing to a switch statement but note you are testing for different case (a string like "ake" and insuranceType == 'Bellin') but it would not work for you. Is there a way you can switch on something more consistently?
DotNetSteve 18-Nov-15 12:45pm View

You need to return something in the case it is neither of your values - you could return a view in the Finally block or simply at the end of the function.
DotNetSteve 18-Nov-15 10:19am View

Let me think more deeply on this one. I think I understand your real question.
What confuses me in your example is worksheet.Rows[StartBundleRow].Insert(); I think it should be worksheet.Rows[StartBundleRow + BndlRow ].Insert(); this would create a number of bundlerows instead of just one.
DotNetSteve 17-Nov-15 17:29pm View

int StartBundleRow = 17;??? First row was at 11, add 6 and your row should be 17.

int StartBundleRow = 11;
for (int BndlRow = 0; BndlRow < bundleRows; BndlRow++) //add bundle rows to spreadsheet
worksheet.Rows[StartBundleRow].Insert();
DotNetSteve 17-Nov-15 17:23pm View

Take a look at this link - Might help.

Look at FileResult types (FileResult,FileContentResult,FilePathResult,FileStreamResult)